Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The team has clearly played better in multiple games with TJD on the bench. Purdue, Illinois and Ohio State games all had instances where he was on the bench and the team played well at the time. Offensive flow seems to run more smoothly without him. However, as mentioned above, swinging the ball from side to side is key. That’s basketball 101. Don’t stand in the same spot and swing the ball from one side of the court to the other. The pass to Bates the other night is a prime example of inside out play. He needs to be more unpredictable with the passes

Unpredictable in a good way, not so unpredictable that our players don't see it coming, LOL I hope!

52 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

^^

"The other B1G teams know that when the ball goes in, the ball will generally not come back out and he is going to try to go left or the ball will come back out on the same side of the court which is easy to recover on defensively."

This is spot on, imo.

TJD is hands down our best player, but we beat PU because he was on the bench and we went to a guard's game with Rob and X, and PU couldn't handle it.

We need to diversify the O with outside shooting, with actual inside-out play, it's that's simple, we generally lose when we just continue pounding it inside unless the other team is just lacking inside. 

That’s exactly what happened in the final min of this game.  TJD got the ball in the post.  The defender overplayed him to go left.  Leaving the right hand move wide open.  TJD went left, got pushed out and took at long hook shot, and missed.  He ain’t Kareem.  

55 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Bodes well for the future

Goes directly to the points about Woodson being stubborn and repeatedly playing the same starting lineup, to start the 2nd half, no matter what is happening in the game. He/the staff do make adjustments, but almost invariably not to start the 2nd half, and I would bet that is what is driving this picture as to offensive adjustments.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Strange that Michigan State shows well over the last 30 days when they've lost five out of six.

I noticed that as well. I know they had a couple of games where they blew out their opponents (us and Michigan) in the second half which may be carrying them a bit. 

17 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

This news about Woody and the staff is somewhat of a bombshell for me. I’ve been mostly a supporter of CMW bc I thought he was a better leader than his predecessor. Now I see it isn’t the case and it makes me finally want to give up rooting for this program.   The organizational dysfunction is truly unbelievable. Structural, cultural, and leadership patterns are completely broken and needing fundamental change. If we can’t count on anything with this program, it’s that we can count on it not getting fixed. 

So you believe everything you read on a message board and make judgements with knowing at facts.  Some people are so naive to think guys on message boards actually had any inside info 

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you believe everything you read on a message board and make judgements with knowing at facts.  Some people are so naive to think guys on message boards actually had any inside info 

Lol why do you have such a weird vendetta against Chris?

I think this is a bit much as it makes posters who share info not feel good. It is also 100 percent correct I don't believe anything until I see it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol why do you have such a weird vendetta against Chris?

Nothing against him at all but just amazes me that anyone would take his or anyone else on a message board ad Gospel. On HSN there is a guy that said he sees Woody and Dane eating breakfast all the time.  Is that true, who knows because anyone can come on here and say anything without any consequences.

Lete ask you this, if this was happening all along why no word of it when we were 16-5.  All of a sudden we go on a 5 game losing streak and now our coaching staff are not communicating well.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I think this is a bit much as it makes posters who share info not feel good. It is also 100 percent correct I don't believe anything until I see it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Like I said in the post above it is funny we didn't here about any of this when we were 16-5

I’ve watched the last couple of minutes a couple of times now. I haven’t given up on woody yet but moving forward, I’m very skeptical that he’s the right guy.

From a coaching standpoint, wow! That last 2 minutes was a really REALLY bad look for coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said in the post above it is funny we didn't here about any of this when we were 16-5

It’s not that hard man. Doesn’t mean this stuff wasn’t going on. But when things are going well it doesn’t always come to light. When things fall off the rails, you tend to start digging in to why, peeling back layers of the onion, and things come to light. Your insistence on lecturing people on what they should believe or not from a free message board based on whether it’s something you want to hear or not is pretty stale.

27 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I’ve watched the last couple of minutes a couple of times now. I haven’t given up on woody yet but moving forward, I’m very skeptical that he’s the right guy.

From a coaching standpoint, wow! That last 2 minutes was a really REALLY bad look for coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I won't disagree with you, but it wasn't Woody who forced the ball in to TJD which ended up a turn over.  That basically turned the game.  And I love the kid that did it -- just one of those plays I wish we had back.  

Now was that the right offense for that time?  We can debate that one all night.  :) 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That's kind of like saying we didn't hear about how bad the hamburger was while we were eating steak.  

Anyway, why do you care when it was said?  You've pretty much you weren't going to believe it anyway because it's on a message board.  Nobody is asking (or cares) wheat you believe from posts....not sure why you care what others believe.  Thing is....I believe what chris has posted based on past history.  And if he is incorrect.......I've wasted nothing.  Not sure why you think's a personal affront.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nothing against him at all but just amazes me that anyone would take his or anyone else on a message board ad Gospel. On HSN there is a guy that said he sees Woody and Dane eating breakfast all the time.  Is that true, who knows because anyone can come on here and say anything without any consequences.

Lete ask you this, if this was happening all along why no word of it when we were 16-5.  All of a sudden we go on a 5 game losing streak and now our coaching staff are not communicating well.

I don’t post on HSN but I’ve lurked now and then. I’ve seen posters on there running around talking about their sauces and all the inside information they have. It’s usually pretty obvious to tell when someone is doing it to get attention/likes vs. when someone is actually legit. There have been a few ‘insiders’ on here over the years who I personally thought were full of it, but not Chris. He gets way too many things correct to just be making stories up.