Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fife, Matta, Hunter, Rosemond are not being listened to. Hill, Wittman, Todd are the people Woody trust. 

Hopefully that changes soon. On another note we had an open checkbook this last time, no one wanted this job.

This makes some sense — gotta have the humility to listen to the guys with recent college experience.

I was saying in this thread that everyone practices special situations, and thus the end-of-game execution issues fall at least some on players. But it’s also true that I’m the NBA you can (and should) trust players to have more awareness of those situations. One adjustment to in-game college coaching is probably being more strong-handed at the ends of games. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Oats & Musselman had no interest, Beard is at his alma mater

So we reached out to both and both said "No"?... Full disclosure I've been public about my dislike for Glass. Wanted to know if it basically was that IUBB was known throughout the inner workings of college basketball as a clown show because of the administration and thats why coaches don't want to come here. Also wanted to know if thats why we have literally no culture/leaders/identity 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fife, Matta, Hunter, Rosemond are not being listened to. Hill, Wittman, Todd are the people Woody trust. 

Hopefully that changes soon. On another note we had an open checkbook this last time, no one wanted this job.

If that’s true, then shame on woody.  

The assistants still come up with the game plan, then Woody takes that to the people he really trust the consultants and the make all final decisions. 

His program & he’s running it how he feels comfortable. Assistants still recruit 

7 minutes ago, Trish said:

If we lose out then I think the Woodson high will come crashing to the ground. 

We can’t afford to lose to Maryland and Rugters at home, this will turn into a dumpster fire outside the Kroger. Winning at Minny and Purdue is questionable. 

Have you seen Maryland play any of their last 4 games? They’ll eat our lunch if that’s who they really are. Hopefully Purdue broke their spell and they turn back into their early season selves. They’ve looked really good though. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Our “mid major at best” roster was 16-5 and 7-4 in the conference 3.5 weeks ago. Illinois and MSU were more talented than us. We choked against Wisconsin and OSU. We didn’t lose because of talent. We lost to northwestern because half our team got themselves suspended. PSU and @Wisconsin should’ve been wins. There’s really no excuse for us not being comfortably in the tournament. We just haven’t executed. 

Players who can’t execute play at the mid major level.  

2 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

So we reached out to both and both said "No"?... Full disclosure I've been public about my dislike for Glass. Wanted to know if it basically was that IUBB was known throughout the inner workings of college basketball as a clown show because of the administration and thats why coaches don't want to come here. Also wanted to know if thats why we have literally no culture/leaders/identity 

As far as I know we spoke to their agents and both said No. Big Ten is not a destination place anymore 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No it proves right now he’s treating it like an NBA job 

Yeah this has seemed more and more apparent lately. Over 82 games water finds its level, and if you’re micromanaging too much you’ll get on nerves of pros. Obviously it’s possible to overmanage college players but when you’re in IUs spit it’s tourney or bust every night.

Can’t take a loss because Durr plays too many minutes, or you sit Kopp when he’s awake for the first time in months, etc. in college. And you don’t have a roster of pros, from a talent or approach standpoint. Some players are almost literally still kids. 

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Another bad night to be an Indiana fan. XJ gets left wide open all OT from 3 and can’t or won’t take the shot. It’s frustrating when your starting guards are so inconsistent they don’t have to be guarded from 3.

But drives inside into 3 players and NEVER finishes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

IU hasn't had a legit PG since Yogi.. coincidence they've struggled since then?

Bball is a guards game now and we haven't had good ones for awhile.

Hopefully Hood-Schifino is as good as they say he is.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

This same team was pretty solidly in just a few weeks ago, and should've had another W if they would've showed up for the 2nd half @ Wisconsin.

Maybe they over achieved.   The schedule got tough and it didn’t work out so well.  

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As far as I know we spoke to their agents and both said No. Big Ten is not a destination place anymore 

OSU and Illinois recently made big-ish type hires. But I also sense you’re partly correct. Michigan had to go to the alumni well. It’ll be interesting to see what Michigan St does when Izzo goes. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Players who can’t execute play at the mid major level.  

You have coaches so that you can put your players in the best position to succeed, and Woodson hasn’t been doing that. We’ve lost 10 games this year. How many times have we lost because we played a superior team that just throughly beat us? And how many times did we lose because we didn’t show up for 40 minutes? Syracuse, both Wisconsin games, PSU, Northwestern, and OSU all easily could’ve been wins. We just choked them away. Does it not fall on the coach when the team plays with inconsistent effort and routinely fails to execute in crunch time?