Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ah yes, Indiana State, the opening of the Archie Miller tenure.... Talk about writing on the wall lol.

To be fair to Archie……
Yes, we lost to ISU by 21 but then massively improved to the point that we only lost to Fort Wayne by 20.

I was at the Crean vs IPFW game in Fort Wayne with Bleach Boy. It was such a bad loss, I wasn’t even mad.

But ……..Bryson Scott was arguably the better player than Blackmon if you take both ends of the court in the comparison. The Scott brothers annihilated Blackmon in their HS game. But man, Blackmon could shoot that rock. Then you had John Konchar. He was a rock star.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was at the Crean vs IPFW game in Fort Wayne with Bleach Boy. It was such a bad loss, I wasn’t even mad.

But ……..Bryson Scott was arguably the better player than Blackmon if you take both ends of the court in the comparison. The Scott brothers annihilated Blackmon in their HS game. But man, Blackmon could shoot that rock. Then you had John Konchar. He was a rock star.

Yes, that was inexplicable (and Creans last season) as we beat Kansas ten days earlier and then beat UNC (#3) the week after Fort Wayne. In between the Kansas and UNC wins we somehow lost in OT @ Fort Wayne even though we had three NBA players in the front court (Bryant, Morgan, OG) and Robert Johnson and Blackmon in the backcourt. 

And then the next year, Archies first, we lost to Fort Wayne by 20 at home. A two year losing streak to Fort Wayne!!!!!

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Yes, that was inexplicable (and Creans last season) as we beat Kansas ten days earlier and then beat UNC (#3) the week after Fort Wayne. In between the Kansas and UNC wins we somehow lost in OT @ Fort Wayne even though we had three NBA players in the front court (Bryant, Morgan, OG) and Robert Johnson and Blackmon in the backcourt. 

And then the next year, Archies first, we lost to Fort Wayne by 20 at home. A two year losing streak to Fort Wayne!!!!!

Thank God that stuff is in the rearview mirror. 

So looking forward to this season and the road agead.

23 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not the bleach boy game.

On 9/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, DChoosier said:

To be fair to Archie……

Yes, we lost to ISU by 21 but then massively improved to the point that we only lost to Fort Wayne by 20.

...and posters still said Archie did a great job in those games.  It made me question the impartiality and integrity of a lot of posters 

Make it stop.  Make it go away forever