Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Do you not see what defensive intensity has brought to this team?

He dribbles the air out of the ball for 15+ seconds a possession, turns the ball over too much, and can’t make shots. His defense is good but the team defense was fine before he came into the game tonight. I’d rather not play 4 on 5 on offense, and that’s what we do when he’s in the game. 

Phinisee is a great defender and a decent shooter.  But he should not be handling the ball.  There needs to be a ball handler on the floor at all times with him.  He's such a liability when he's allowed to make decisions with the ball

Phin almost has to play to spell X. If Lander hasn't improved with decision making with the ball or his defense, Phin is the only option at backup PG in my mind. Woody had Galloway take the ball up once and he seems likely to be done for the night so Phin is it.

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Phin almost has to play to spell X. If Lander hasn't improved with decision making with the ball or his defense, Phin is the only option at backup PG in my mind. Woody had Galloway take the ball up once and he seems likely to be done for the night so Phin is it.

Yep. We can punch the air because of Phinisee all we want, but he’s all we got. 

12 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

What's with the lack of Stewart? Drills a 3 early and then sat for most of the first half. I'm assuming he's healthy, but is his conditioning where it needs to be?

I think today is a year ago that his dad past. Seems like I seen a tweet earlier about it.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Phinisee is a great defender and a decent shooter.  But he should not be handling the ball.  There needs to be a ball handler on the floor at all times with him.  He's such a liability when he's allowed to make decisions with the ball

I would kill for him to be a decent shooter.  Truth is he never has been and when he isn't hitting he seems to let it get to him.  I get him being out there with X in foul trouble, especially against the press.  But I'm sure you are going to see St. John's play completely off him this half until he actually hits something.

Just now, Five Prime said:

Is Lander really that bad?  Serious question. 

Two coaches, so far, have thought so. That being said….I’m not a “give Lander minutes” guy but I would have played him the last 2 minutes of the half.

1 minute ago, Five Prime said:

Is Lander really that bad?  Serious question. 

Idk but I’d like to see what he can do against a legitimate opponent. Phinisee is just not it and if he’s the best we can do then yikes.