Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson

Adam Finkelstein at the USA Junior Camp:  

Jalen Haralson, 6’7”, Fishers (IN) – At 6-foot-7 with a strong body and good athleticism, Haralson has the physical tools that stand out at first glance and allow him to impose his will at various points on the game. Beyond that though, he showed true versatility with an evolving skill-set to match. He had enough handle to both lead the break and create his own shot, and was also a shooting threat from behind the three-point line.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Adam Finkelstein at the USA Junior Camp:  

Jalen Haralson, 6’7”, Fishers (IN) – At 6-foot-7 with a strong body and good athleticism, Haralson has the physical tools that stand out at first glance and allow him to impose his will at various points on the game. Beyond that though, he showed true versatility with an evolving skill-set to match. He had enough handle to both lead the break and create his own shot, and was also a shooting threat from behind the three-point line.

Oh the shot’s coming around??

Jamie Shaw from the USA Junior Camp:

With burst at the rim and range beyond the three-point arc, Isiah Harwell is currently in that top 2025 shooting guard spot. However, Jalan Haralson has inserted himself into the conversation. Now, Haralson may end up being called a wing or a small forward, but he has guard skills. At 6-foot-6, the Fishers (IN) High product is already able to create his own shot. He possesses a smooth jumper with great lift from multiple spots on the floor. Currently, the 2023 On3 50 No. 10 player in the class, Haralson, also has great lift at the basket. He attacks closeouts in straight lines and makes a late rotation pay.

15 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

“I want to play in a basketball city,” Haralson says. “I am looking at the fit and how a coaching staff will help me get to the NBA.”

is nice

I’m not sure what other schools are recruiting him, but I imagine it’s a crowded competition. Of the schools listed, AuburnFlorida StateGonzagaIndianaMichiganMichigan StateOhio StatePurdue, the only “basketball city” is Indiana (and he might consider Gonzaga a basketball city because of their long-running success in basketball, although I don’t know that it would be considered a “basketball city” even with that success…possibly MSU too, which has a long-time, die-hard basketball following). The others on that list are most certainly not what I consider “basketball cities”. That part might place Indiana towards the top, if by “basketball city” he means college basketball town/city specifically.

Getting kids to the NBA is another major requirement of his. If UK, UNC, Duke, or any other “basketball city” school with constant success of pushing kids into the NBA make it on his list of finalists, then IU likely falls farther down the list. Indiana doesn’t have the same recent success of placing kids in the NBA as many other schools around the country, and Woody hasn’t placed anyone in the NBA (yet) during his short tenure as a college coach.

”Fit” is another somewhat vague criteria he mentioned, and that’s only anyone’s guess as to how he personally feels about his “fit”.

Recruiting can be exciting and nauseating for many fans. I can’t even fathom the exhaustion those responsible for recruiting kids anyplace must endure. Hang on the wrong words and you maintain false hope and miss out on someone else. Mistake their words to mean they’re disinterested, and you back off of someone you shouldn’t have. Fortunately for the coaches, they’re paid handsomely to sit and watch a lot of basketball, and they surely hear more from the players than what reporters do and far more than reporters report to us fans. Still, it must be mentally exhausting…and the physical exhaustion of running from place to place around the country chasing this kid and that one is a matter of fact, as is the stress of trying to pursue and enroll a team capable of winning enough to keep your job. Woody doesn’t need the money or the job, so at least he has that going for him…but I think the stress of winning big at Indiana is equally as strong for him as keeping a steady job is for most of us.