Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It shouldn't be a surprise because he's so highly ranked, but Kansas has now jumped in with an offer.

Haralson’s a Guy. Doesn’t matter if he’s been offered by a school or not. Nobody would prioritize over him. He can go anywhere. 

Branham’s take on Haralson’s day at USA basketball:

After the older prospects completed their session, it was time the majority of the 2025 and below prospects to go into action where Jalen Haralson was among the best.

Haralson showed it all on Friday from his feel, vision and passing to an improved ability of jumpers.

He hit multiple jumpers out to three and blended with his passing, he was one of the best out on the court for the second group.

La Lumiere's season opens tonight at 8:00 ET vs. AIM High and tomorrow at 1:00 ET they'll play Don Bosco.  

Not sure about the Don Bosco game but tonight's game is supposed to be streamed on La Lumiere YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=la+lumiere+athletics

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m not familiar with Kaden Magwood, but after seeing that box score and how many fouls he drew on his way to 41 points I feel like IU should be familiar with him.

Oak Hill guards... a timeless classic that transcends eras. 

Rod Strickland, Steve Blake, Rajon Rondo, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Nolan Smith... that's just off the top of my head. Pretty unreal. 

After a quick scan of Kaden Magwood's highlights... I'd buy the idea of his name being added to the list of notable alumni one day

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m not familiar with Kaden Magwood, but after seeing that box score and how many fouls he drew on his way to 41 points I feel like IU should be familiar with him.

His best offers are from Illinois and Penn State. Archie Miller has interest in him which automatically makes me skeptical.

La Lumiere participating in the Western Maryland Classic.  Scheduled to face Canyon International (AZ) tonight at 6:00 and tomorrow Legacy Early College (SC) at 6:00.  Both games available at:

https://www.youtube.com/@League_Ready/streams

And you'll note that via that link you can watch some previous games of La Lumiere and Long Island Luthean.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That’s my biggest fear.  We haven’t competed at all in any of these so called marquee matchups the last 2 years.  We need to change the narrative and the crowd needs to be the loudest ever, but students being out won’t help the loudness.  Having the crowd behind us is our only advantage but that will only carry us so far and I haven’t seen very much emotion and intensity from this team.

PSA for anyone planning to watch Haralson's game against Canyon International at a later time, DON'T.  He's not with the team tonight and La Lu only has 8 players in uniform.  Announcers commented that La Lu was shorthanded but didn't elaborate any further.  So maybe Haralaon won't be at SSAH on Saturday after all if it's an illness that's hit the La Lu team.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

PSA for anyone planning to watch Haralson's game against Canyon International at a later time, DON'T.  He's not with the team tonight and La Lu only has 8 players in uniform.  Announcers commented that La Lu was shorthanded but didn't elaborate any further.  So maybe Haralaon won't be at SSAH on Saturday after all if it's an illness that's hit the La Lu team.

Yeah, keep waiting for them to explain the deal. Decent chance to watch Darius Adams, though. Also was interested to watch Amier Ali. Georgia kid who played travel ball at 1 point with IU pseudo-offeree William Jobe. Played a year with Isaiah Collier/Arrinten Page at Wheeler and since then has been on the Trentyn Flowers tour of seemingly every basketball factory school nation-wide.