Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hate to see it but we've seriously upgraded the level of talent we're recruiting and we're going to encounter this happening more and more.  For high level 15-18 year old kids, the elite prep schools offer so much more than sticking with your local high school and its coaching staff and facilities.

And for some perspective. In my notes, I have 50 offers that Woody has extended to the '24 class some who have already committed elsewhere.  Of the 50, 17 offers were to kids already attending elite prep schools and that's just the recognized elite prep schools or basketball factories as I used to call them.  Don't fool yourself but some of the "high schools" in other states that have kids we're pursuing are just a small step below the prep schools but they're leaps and bounds ahead of a traditional high school.

At least LaLu is a prep school that has outstanding academics. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We seem to generally not recruit LaLu under any coaching staff.  It’ll be interesting to see if this changes as Woodson isn’t easily intimidated. 

MSU has landed a bunch of LaLu cats. 

Perea is the only LaLu kid I can remember off the dome. Don’t even remember us being close on any others…Tyger for a bit maybe?

5 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Can't read it because you have to he a subscriber

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Weird, I got in ok.

I was also able to read it. It's not behind a paywall.

Does the Indy Star limit the number of free reads per month? If so, you may have hit that limit, Scott.

12 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Does the Indy Star limit the number of free reads per month? If so, you may have hit that limit, Scott.

Try loading it in a private window.

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I don't read the Indy Star online