Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Major announcement?

28 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Its to make them money. Its for the fans to interact with them. No circus just revenue and fun. Get used to it hoosier hysteria will be the side show events like this new norm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just wait until we get reports of rich guys in their 40s paying to playing a pickup game with the players.  It’s going to happen 

Looks like courtside and bleacher seats are already sold out. I think this is an awesome idea and definitely would have paid 100 bucks to sit courtside at Assembly Hall for anything really, but especially for a performance type event where players will be interacting and having a good time with the fans. Win-win for fans and the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, mookied39 said:

I'd be there if I was local.  To support the players, and have an entertaining time.

You can always donate tickets if you are interested in doing that. I can give you info on how to do that if anyone wants that.

1 minute ago, mookied39 said:

Please do!

Stealing this from Eric on Peegs but don't think he will mind if it helps get people there.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DONATE TIX:

If you would like to donate 10 of fewer tickets, simply purchase them through the link and then transfer them (easiest way is to download the IU Hoosiers app but you can also go through the IU website) to the following email:

Awesley@bgcbloomington.org

If you would like to donate more than 10 tickets, please purchase your tickets by calling the IU box office and getting in touch with the following people:

Mike Osmundson - mosmunds@indiana.edu
David Salatin - dsalatin@indiana.edu
Phone - 812-855-4006

Just now, Chris007 said:

Stealing this from Eric on Peegs but don't think he will mind if it helps get people there.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DONATE TIX:

If you would like to donate 10 of fewer tickets, simply purchase them through the link and then transfer them (easiest way is to download the IU Hoosiers app but you can also go through the IU website) to the following email:

Awesley@bgcbloomington.org

If you would like to donate more than 10 tickets, please purchase your tickets by calling the IU box office and getting in touch with the following people:

Mike Osmundson - mosmunds@indiana.edu
David Salatin - dsalatin@indiana.edu
Phone - 812-855-4006

That's awesome Chris--thanks.

Supporting the players and getting tix into the hands of the Boys and Girls Club is about as win/win as it gets!

Guessing there's about 400 courtside seats. That's $40,000 of NIL money right there.

Bleacher seats? Maybe 2,000. That's another $100,000. 

Add in say, 4,000 seats at $5/per for another $100,000.

We're getting the players a cool $250,000 for a few hours of NIL work. Subtract charitable contributions, expenses, etc? I'm thinking $15,000 per player. Try pulling in that cabbage as a basketball player at Xavier, Butler, Northwestern, or many SEC football oriented schools.

Hell, the SEC and Pac12 don't average 10,000 attendance per game, never mind for an exhibition event for NIL rewards.

With our staff + a winning trend we should not be losing many recruits to less NIL successful schools. Especially since IU is obviously motivated to leverage our NIL potential.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Guessing there's about 400 courtside seats. That's $40,000 of NIL money right there.

We're getting the players a cool $250,000 for a few hours of NIL work. Subtract charitable contributions, expenses, etc? I'm thinking $15,000 per player. Try pulling in that cabbage as a basketball player at Xavier, Butler, Northwestern, or many SEC football oriented schools.

Hell, the SEC and Pac12 don't average 10,000 attendance per game, never mind for an exhibition event for NIL rewards.

With our staff + a winning trend we should not be losing many recruits to less NIL successful schools. Especially since IU is obviously motivated to leverage our NIL potential.

I’m sure there will be concessions, and I feel I’ve heard that those are usually equal to ticket sales. Also add on whatever the auctioned interactive experiences get. 

They’re renting the facility (SSAH), and I’m sure expenses will be very high. Still, this will be a CHUNK for these guys. Getting it arranged in the first year of all of this is impressive.  And I love that even if other schools do try to mimic this event, few will be able to generate the crowds and buzz we can. 

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m not sure what they consider “courtside” vs “bleechers”. If we’re talking front row on the court w padded chairs, 75-100 seats tops. There’s only 4 rows of bleachers (sections 3,4,8&9) on the court 400 or so seats at most…I’d hope they aren’t counting behind the basket as $100 “bleecher” seats. 
Do they release any info on how much of ticket sales go to the players? The cost to open AH with adequate security and cleaning crews is a ton of money. Concessions wouldn’t come close to covering that expense so unless event costs are being donated this isnt going to generate anything close to $15k per player

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And a reminder that this is per year.  These are the things that we need to tell recruit about.  Plus we need to create more of these type opportunities 

45 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m not sure what they consider “courtside” vs “bleechers”. If we’re talking front row on the court w padded chairs, 75-100 seats tops. There’s only 4 rows of bleachers (sections 3,4,8&9) on the court 400 or so seats at most…I’d hope they aren’t counting behind the basket as $100 “bleecher” seats. 
Do they release any info on how much of ticket sales go to the players? The cost to open AH with adequate security and cleaning crews is a ton of money. Concessions wouldn’t come close to covering that expense so unless event costs are being donated this isnt going to generate anything close to $15k per player

My take is the bleachers are the seats behind the basket and behind the padded seats up to wall. Those are all $49. Padded seats are $100. Everything else is $5. Any middle section row 25 or below for $5 is an absolute steal in my opinion. I'm an Assembly hall snob so I won't sit any higher than row 25 but for $5 that is still cheap. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

My take is the bleachers are the seats behind the basket and behind the padded seats up to wall. Those are all $49. Padded seats are $100. Everything else is $5. Any middle section row 25 or below for $5 is an absolute steal in my opinion. I'm an Assembly hall snob so I won't sit any higher than row 25 but for $5 that is still cheap. 

I’d make the bleechers behind the baskets $5. People won’t want to sit there and pay 10x the people sitting baseline, rows 5-25 in my opinion. I’m also a AH seat snob, but in fairness, I grew up sitting in courtside seats provided by Learfield Sports so sitting 30 rows up anywhere in the building feels boarderline worse than watching on TV, unless it’s a huge game. 

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’d make the bleechers behind the baskets $5. People won’t want to sit there and pay 10x the people sitting baseline, rows 5-25 in my opinion. I’m also a AH seat snob, but in fairness, I grew up sitting in courtside seats provided by Learfield Sports so sitting 30 rows up anywhere in the building feels boarderline worse than watching on TV, unless it’s a huge game. 

Courtside is nice. My family’s tickets were section H row 13, saw every home game from there from 81 to 94. 

10 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

The website states that the $49 seats are “sideline” bleachers and specifically names those 4 sections (none of which are behind the basket).

4 hours ago, Hutch89 said:

Anyone have an idea on the parking situation for the fanfest?  We have tix to attend, but I haven't been able to find anything about parking passes.  

Students have been able to use Assembly Hall & Memorial Stadium parking this year since there is less student parking at the residence halls. They have only been asked to move their cars on game days. If I was you I would try by the tennis center first. But also know there is no ticketing after Friday at 5pm till Monday at 8am on campus this year.

16 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Students have been able to use Assembly Hall & Memorial Stadium parking this year since there is less student parking at the residence halls. They have only been asked to move their cars on game days. If I was you I would try by the tennis center first. But also know there is no ticketing after Friday at 5pm till Monday at 8am on campus this year.

Awesome, thanks Chris!