Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2021 IUFB Prediction League - Week 3 vs Cincinnati (H) 9/18/21 Noon ESPN

I hope Memorial Stadium is lit for the full 60 minutes; probably gonna need it.

How does this work?

Each week I will create Prediction League threads for the weeks game(s).

It's a simple concept:

Each week you start with 100 points (only if a prediction is made, otherwise 0 points for the week)
+25 PTs if you guess the winner
-25 PTs if you pick the loser
+10 PTs if guess IU score correctly
+10 PTs if guess Opponent score correct
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of IU (over/under doesn't matter)
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of opponent (over/under doesn't matter)

*** Reminder if you post a prediction and want to change it, please just POST a NEW Prediction, do not edit a prior post as I may miss those edits.

The person with the most points (MINUS LOWEST GAME) at the end of the season wins.

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Also known as the binturong, the bearcat is agile like a cat in the canopy and less adept on ground, walking flat-footed like a bear. However, it is neither a bear nor a cat, but belongs to the civet and mongoose family

TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES... I'LL GIVE YOU A TOPIC; THE BEARCAT IS NEITHER A BEAR NOR A CAT..DISCUSS | image tagged in coffee talk | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Cincinnati Bearcats are for real.  QB is experienced and can run but likely won't, mostly.  He is accurate on passes and they are going for bigger gains.  So our DBs need to be on their toes.  And pressure on their QB is a must.  Lines are good on both sides of the ball.  Their kickoffs aren't perfect with one per game going OB.  Des running out of the pocket is their secret weapon...but not used a lot, yet.  Cincy bends but doesn't break.  They are confident.

IU just needs to settle down and do things correctly.  Make it through the first 10 minutes cleanly.   No turnovers, no penalties, pressure them, win in the trenches, receivers running crisp routes, etc.  Cincy will try to do the same.  Game will be won on the line. Both teams have not shown their whole games.  There will be surprises. Carr sees daylight...Fry gets 2 TDs.  Penix makes lots of quick tosses.  (Our OL is the big ?).  Cincy gets penalties galore.  IU grows. Stadium rocks!  Dave picks perfectly...

Cincy 24; Indiana, our Indiana 31