Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

15 minutes ago, EvilleWays1973 said:

I have a feeling that the next IU coach could quite possibly be someone that no one is talking about. Dolson is a smart guy. We have to trust him. I have faith that he will hire the right guy.

Give me Jay Wright :) 

I was on this website non stop the past few days. Today? I’ve checked it maybe 4 times. 

My own fault for getting too excited and putting too much fate in Brad ******* Stevens. But man... I thought the timing was perfect for both parties. 

Dolson could strike gold. His first year in the big boy chair but he’s been around the game. I’m going to trust him but I’m not too excited. This is our future of Indiana Basketball clearly. History has taught me that it won’t pan out to what I want it to be (6th Banner). 

Ugh.

Chris Beard hands down but if he's not interested, I like Beilein as long as he'd help us on his successor. I can see Beilein possibly has 5-6 years in his tank; he hires one of IU former players (Fife, Lewis, or Cheaney) as his top assistant and groom him to become the next coach after him. That to me would be a pretty good mid term and long term plan. 

Seems like Oats is locked at Alabama at this point; I don't mean he's not going to move, but timing is just not right for him. For some reason, I don't feel comfortable with Drew. And hopefully Dolson is not considering any mid major coach this time. 

1 minute ago, kottke said:

We went from Brad Stevens to Mike Woodson? WTF? He might have been a solid candidate when Crean was hired but now??

Should’ve kept Archie another year if this fails.. 

4 minutes ago, kottke said:

Archie vs Mike Woodson? That’s like having to choose between a prostate exam or a root canal.

Archie hands down. Who cares if we suck another year? At least we don’t have a terrible hire guaranteed for four additional years. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Archie hands down. Who cares if we suck another year? At least we don’t have a terrible hire guaranteed for four additional years. 

You’re not wrong, but who would we hire next year once Archie did get fired? Say BS just wants to remain in the NBA somewhere regardless. It’s the same situation it seems, just a year later, only some donor saved 7.5 million.

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I’ve known Woody has been on the radar—not gonna repeat paywall stuff until it’s public knowledge.

About Woodson? You’re wrong.

Woodson was an unsuccessful NBA coach...until he wasn’t. Took over a terrible team, lost a lot his first four years, and then won a lot in the NBA thereafter. And he’s been in the league ever since.

The NBA doesn’t keep coaches around for giggles. Woody is good and he’s super connected to the league.

He’d need young blood to help with recruiting, but he’s no joke and he’s WAAAY better than Archie Miller or Stevie Alford. And he’s seven years younger than Beilein, with all kinds of ties to IU (of course).