Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - CG Jalen Hood-Schifino to INDIANA

Montverde totally dominates Oak Hill and wins easily 86 - 51.
If you weren't able to watch tonight's Montverde vs Oak Hill game be sure to watch a replay on ESPN.  Hood-Schifino put on a real clinic and while you watch think about him wearing an IU uniform next fall.  He only played 23 min. sitting out the entire 4th Q as Montverde built up a 40-point lead and Oak Hill became subject to a running clock.  He scored 21 pts. on 9-13 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 4 reb; 6 asst; 3 stls; 2 TO.  
'23 Kwame Evans played 13 min. scoring 4 pts. on 2-5 FG; 0-2 FT; 6 reb; 4 asst; 1 TO.
'24 Derik Queen played 14 min. scoring 3 pts. on 1-3 FG; 1-2 FT; 5 reb; 1 asst; 1 blk. 

Any suggestions on when to see a replay

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Do rankings get updated for this class again before they show up on campus? I wonder if he will bump up any further playing this well on one of the best teams in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, looks like 247 updated their own ranking of 2021s about four times after the same point last year (and because other rankings updated at other points, the composite was adjusted about nine times before the CBB season started).

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Montverde totally dominates Oak Hill and wins easily 86 - 51.

If you weren't able to watch tonight's Montverde vs Oak Hill game be sure to watch a replay on ESPN.  Hood-Schifino put on a real clinic and while you watch think about him wearing an IU uniform next fall.  He only played 23 min. sitting out the entire 4th Q as Montverde built up a 40-point lead and Oak Hill became subject to a running clock.  He scored 21 pts. on 9-13 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 4 reb; 6 asst; 3 stls; 2 TO.  

'23 Kwame Evans played 13 min. scoring 4 pts. on 2-5 FG; 0-2 FT; 6 reb; 4 asst; 1 TO.

'24 Derik Queen played 14 min. scoring 3 pts. on 1-3 FG; 1-2 FT; 5 reb; 1 asst; 1 blk. 

I watched him tonight for the 1st time. Absolute stud. He’s a lot bigger than I thought too. Our backcourt is going to be filthy next year. 

7 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Any suggestions on when to see a replay

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Should be accessible already.  If the link doesn't work just work your way through the ESPN.com site.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/a1b6c1b5-5b6b-4e80-95d6-2228dd7894d8

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

JHS just hit a ridiculous shot and got fouled.   Monteverde up 1 with 25 sec.   this game is better then the Pitt/Virginia game 

IMG wins it.   JHS missed a 3 at the buzzer   Looked like it got blocked 

17 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

19 turnovers in a 32 minute game is disgusting.   Obviously a kid who wasn't a scorer on this night but 8 assists is as promising as 5 TO's is ridiculous.   

Duncanville is ranked as the #1 non-academy team nationwide by MaxPreps and Montverde is ranked as the #1 academy school by MaxPreps.  Duncanville plays an aggressive trapping defense, maybe the best defense in the country at the high school level.  In their first two games of the season (the only one I could find stats on), they registered 32 steals.

45 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Duncanville is ranked as the #1 non-academy team nationwide by MaxPreps and Montverde is ranked as the #1 academy school by MaxPreps.  Duncanville plays an aggressive trapping defense, maybe the best defense in the country at the high school level.  In their first two games of the season (the only one I could find stats on), they registered 32 steals.

Okay.  So he turned it over 5 times against good pressure.  The Big Ten plays some of the best defense at the college level.   He didn't have a field goal and he had 5 TO's.  I'm not ready to say the kid's the "help is on the way" yet. Like most players, he will need to develop, and the coaches need to do a better job with who we have.   I saw a whole lot of people looking at this kid as the one who will bail us out of the turnover trouble....and he may not the day he arrives on campus.

8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Okay.  So he turned it over 5 times against good pressure.  The Big Ten plays some of the best defense at the college level.   He didn't have a field goal and he had 5 TO's.  I'm not ready to say the kid's the "help is on the way" yet. Like most players, he will need to develop, and the coaches need to do a better job with who we have.   I saw a whole lot of people looking at this kid as the one who will bail us out of the turnover trouble....and he may not the day he arrives on campus.

Not all turnovers are created equal.  Watching the game Monteverde had a rough 2nd quarter.  JHS had 4 TO during that stretch with one of those being a debatable call for a travel.   The thing that will be going for JHS to get him ready for the Big 10 will be playing the National schedule that his high school is playing.  He is playing against high D1 power 5 talent almost every night.  JHS let’s the game come to him and he really doesn’t look to go off scoring wise.  He won’t be flashy  and score a ton but seems to be the engine that makes that powerhouse high school team run.    4 made FTs last night all in very high pressure situations. 
Don’t know if he starts day 1 but with a summer to work with college coaches I think he will have a chance to contribute day 1