Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

How Far Can This Team Go?

12 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

F ya buddy!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep! Now in fairness, that statement applies to 95% of the teams in this year’s NCAAT. Word to the wise, don’t bet big money on this year’s bracket. We could very well see a Final Four of Seton Hall, Stephen F. Austin, Northern Iowa, and Rutgers. 

The tourney is all about guard play. If we could get steady solid guard play we could win a game or two. If our guards somehow manage to play beyond steady solid IU could make a little noise. A lot will depend on if their give a damn is turned on for that game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

People won’t like it but a realistic deep tourney run is all dependent on if Devonte can get hot and stay hot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The original question is a loaded one, because in order to make a run, you're assuming this team plays consistently for some period of time.. However, this is one of, if not the most inconsistent teams I've ever watched. 

Devonte is the X-Factor, but again, has he EVER put things together in back to back games? Let alone 6 in a row. 

For me, no reason to expect more than one or two wins in the tourney. Tbh, at this point I don’t expect a win in the tourney. This team is too inconsistent for me personally to think we are favorites in virtually any game with a top 65 team on a neutral floor. 

1 hour ago, Adillac said:

For me, no reason to expect more than one or two wins in the tourney. Tbh, at this point I don’t expect a win in the tourney. This team is too inconsistent for me personally to think we are favorites in virtually any game with a top 65 team on a neutral floor. 

Yep. I want IU to win, but making the tourney and not completely crapping the bed in the first round is all I'm really asking for at this point. 

2 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

The original question is a loaded one, because in order to make a run, you're assuming this team plays consistently for some period of time.. However, this is one of, if not the most inconsistent teams I've ever watched. 

Devonte is the X-Factor, but again, has he EVER put things together in back to back games? Let alone 6 in a row. 

I agree that Devonte's the X-Factor. I actually love it when he's on and in a groove; he can carry our whole team and the court spreads wayyyyy out. Man...when he's on, we're top-10 incredible (crimson goggles, maybe). However, he rarely puts together back to back halves, let alone games. I'll also give some credit that he appears to have stopped the extremely unnecessary "fancy" passing over the last couple of games. That, more than anything, makes me want to pull my teeth out one by one.