Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

How could it impact the APR? Those three recruits were not yet enrolled at IU. The point is Miller could have pushed one or more additional recruits out (in addition to Grant Gelon) and brought in players he recruited himself. But he chose to keep those three and who can blame him? All three have talent. He was familiar with Al and Justin having seen them play on the recruiting trail. And, Al and Justin have been regular contributors. It is only Moore who has sat on the bench although this past year he didn't look too bad when he played and played hard.

I think people are being revisionist on Moore.  Moore was definitely more heavily recruited nationally than Al was.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I think people are being revisionist on Moore.  Moore was definitely more heavily recruited nationally than Al was.

And was also on future NBA draft boards coming in. There was some real hype around him. New coach comes in and runs him off...how does the fanbase react to that?

It’s easy to come take over a job on a message board 2 years later, though. 

The point is saying these are not archies guys is absurb. He has coached them for two years and they have played for no other coach. I mean the could of left at anytime but choose to stay. They never played one second under crean.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

And was also on future NBA draft boards coming in. There was some real hype around him. New coach comes in and runs him off...how does the fanbase react to that?
It’s easy to come take over a job on a message board 2 years later, though. 
Its not running him off its having a very honest conversation about your potential playing time, etc. But obviously archie thought all three could play so they became his guys. DD and Green are the only ones left who played for crean.

7 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

The point is saying these are not archies guys is absurb. He has coached them for two years and they have played for no other coach. I mean the could of left at anytime but choose to stay. They never played one second under crean.

I think what they really mean is, some of the guys don’t fit what Archie wants to do. They have the wrong skill sets. 

Maybe they just haven’t developed fast enough. Who knows. 

I think what they really mean is, some of the guys don’t fit what Archie wants to do. They have the wrong skill sets. 
Maybe they just haven’t developed fast enough. Who knows. 
I am very shocked they have not left then.

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I am very shocked they have not left then.

Why? If they know they aren’t pro players and they are halfway or closer to a degree. Get your degree then grad transfer. 

Why? If they know they aren’t pro players and they are halfway or closer to a degree. Get your degree then grad transfer. 
Then sit on the bench for two more years. I can think of two guys right now who will not play next year and will ride the pine. Be interesting to see what they do in the next month or so.

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

You can say you dont fit my system. They can take a hint. Four alabama players are already transferring due to the change. Its not uncommon.

That if a horrible comparison. You're comparing kids leaving a program with nothing set in place right now going forward and comparing it to a program with a coach in place. Not even close to the same situation

23 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Then sit on the bench for two more years. I can think of two guys right now who will not play next year and will ride the pine. Be interesting to see what they do in the next month or so.

The only way I don’t see transfers is if we need kids to stay for APR reasons. I’m not sure where that stands and if kids leave if it drops our score to low. 

That if a horrible comparison. You're comparing kids leaving a program with nothing set in place right now going forward and comparing it to a program with a coach in place. Not even close to the same situation
They have a new coach.

The only way I don’t see transfers is if we need kids to stay for APR reasons. I’m not sure where that stands and if kids leave if it drops our score to low. 
Well if we see no transfers and bring in no shooters it may be a long season.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, Bailey7878 said:

Not its just a convenient excuse. That St. Francis team was terrible

After next year, and I hope that is a Tournament run and a 22-8 record.....we have to stop with "these aren't Archies players" "these players don't fit his system" blah blah blah.   I think the Team is in the exact same position it was when we fired Crean, after two years. If I hired a Sales guy and his sales were the same after two years...buh bye.   Archie isn't running some special system that takes three years and 300 classroom hours to learn.  Most teams basically run all the same stuff.  Players need to learn to play with each other AND anticipate each other.  The Coaches job is to find the line up that does that the best and to find substitution patterns that don't kill the team.

Archie didn't inherit a program that was awful, Crean did.  I'm not a big fan of Crean's, especially his in game decisions.  BUT..I'm a huge fan of Creans ability to spot potential talent and then to develop it.  I'm not seeing any of that.  I actually thought DeRon looked much better this year than last, other than that...they were all roughly the same players.

This talk of "rebuild" is the biggest pile of participation trophy horse turds that I've ever seen. We just aren't getting better.   I'm not saying Archie is the problem, but, he has to be the solution.  Next year he will be Coaching for his job.  I really don't want Glass making another hiring decision (my opinion)...Archie won't survive missing the Tournament next year...take that to the bank ..... Glass insulted the BOT when he said "rebuild"...I should say I know he insulted at least one because that person told me.."Yeah..that was insulting..he thinks we are f'ing morons". (maybe the second time I've heard him swear, the first time was talking to him about the Watford shot)

Lot's of pressure next year....I honestly hope Archie does it and makes many of us eat crow.  Go Hoosiers!

Edited by finky

17 minutes ago, finky said:

Lot's of pressure next year....I honestly hope Archie does it and makes many of us eat crow.  Go Hoosiers!

I agree- just a minor quibble or clarification for me anyway. I am critical of Archie because he deserves it. The last 2 seasons have not been successful. You can argue there are reasons for the failures, but the fact is  they have been failures. I want him to succeed and do it in a big way, but if so I won't eat any crow. He has earned the criticism and later success doesn't expunge that. He's our guy and I desperately want him to do very very well- soon.