Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

IU vs IOWA 02/07/19 GAME THREAD!

Right on. You guys make things so easy. Hell, I’m going to drop the Internet. Anyway, yeah. 7 assists is a big positive for a 5 playing on a team that can’t shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Rob dauster thinks we’re still in the tourney. Comfortably, even. Hard to believe, but the Marquette, Louisville, MSU wins are huge for us still
Even if true we likely wint win many more games so it likely wont matter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I thought early in the year as the injuries began to pile up that they would take a toll on the team as the year wore on. It's a cumulative effect of not having productive practices, young guys playing before they're ready, and heavy minutes causing mental fatigue. I'm sure they are aware of the negativity being directed at them for not winning. Energy comes from positivity, and right now there's not a lot of that surrounding this team. Feel free to differ, but this is one old man's opinion.

Davis had 7 assists and 0 turnovers...meanwhile, Green had 0 assists and 4 turnovers.  

Hmmm...

I've always been a huge fan of Davis and expected great things from him...contrary to what many others expected from him.  If it wasn't for all his nagging injuries, which have also led to poor conditioning, then the impact of his career would have been very different.  Then again, he's still only a junior.  

8 hours ago, ray said:

Davis had 7 assists and 0 turnovers...meanwhile, Green had 0 assists and 4 turnovers.  

Hmmm...

I've always been a huge fan of Davis and expected great things from him...contrary to what many others expected from him.  If it wasn't for all his nagging injuries, which have also led to poor conditioning, then the impact of his career would have been very different.  Then again, he's still only a junior.  

Point center! CTC's dream come true!

9 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Have we had a leader on the court since Yogi? Big reason why we probably miss the dance three years in a row. Morgan has ZERO leadership skills.

Juwan also seems incapable of staying out of foul trouble. He seems to miss time with fouls in nearly every game. Part of that is that he's having to play the 5 way too much, which is not his real position, but he needs to stay on the floor more.

I think Al is becoming that leader, and is going to be a real one by the time he's done. 

From what we've seen, Moore is a better player right now than Forrester, right? Forrester can't really play defense without fouling whereas we've seen Moore play some defense and block some shots. Moore also looked like the better rebounder and moves a little better on offense.

Moore must really be in the dog house for something.

I'm open to having my mind changed on Forrester vs Moore.

From what we've seen, Moore is a better player right now than Forrester, right? Forrester can't really play defense without fouling whereas we've seen Moore play some defense and block some shots. Moore also looked like the better rebounder and moves a little better on offense.

Earlier this season from what I saw On the court, I preferred Jake over Moore even before Archie did. Last night Jake looked lost out there. Tough for me to say. I think he will be alright but with his deer in the headlights look, Moore probably should have got in later that game.

Free Jake!!

At the game last night. I’ll kick in with more comments later, but I’ll start with this:
Was close enough to the court to see body language and player reactions, and two guys stood out to me as players who truly love being on McCracken Court:
Al Durham and Jake Forrester.
If I had never seen any of these players before, at the end of warmups I would have tabbed Al Durham as my favorite player. When the final buzzer sounded that opinion would have been completely cemented.

Agreed. Kid has really grown throughout this year. Earlier in the year he was quiet and stayed in his lane. He has been more vocal and our team will be better for it. Maybe not this year, but we need a floor general in the worse way. I think he is that guy.

28 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Earlier this season from what I saw On the court, I preferred Jake over Moore even before Archie did. Last night Jake looked lost out there. Tough for me to say. I think he will be alright but with his deer in the headlights look, Moore probably should have got in later that game.

Free Jake!!

Jake needs major strength improvement, but he was the quickest to the ball of any of our bigs, including Morgan.

We were in our seats 75 minutes before tip: JamieHoo is firmly convinced that the two best, most consistently repeatable shooting strokes in the team are 2) Al, and #1) Rob Phinssee.

Fitzner isn’t just a game confidence thing; goofing around during warmups DeRon Davis was hitting threes at a better clip than Fitzner.

41 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Moore is a sophomore while Forrester is just a freshman.  Perhaps the coaches see aa greater benfit to getting JF minutes and experience (IDK).

With our lack of big bodies, injuries to Davis (and Morgan at MSU) and frequent foul trouble, it's not a good sign that a second year player still isn't able to provide spot minutes on a regular basis.

Hey I’m with you on this

17 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Hey I’m with you on this

And I’m with you both on this.

And pumpfake might be right, but if that was the case, then why is Fitzner playing before either of them. Whether Moore is better than Forrester is obviously debatable based on these threads, but from my vantage point it’s hard for me to see what Fitzner has done to beat either of them out for minutes?