Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2021 kid huh....We don't have an open scholarship, do we? Someone explain to me how he could end up at IU this year other than a redshirt or backing out of a full-ride scholarship to play at IU and pay. 

2 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

2021 kid huh....We don't have an open scholarship, do we? Someone explain to me how he could end up at IU this year other than a redshirt or backing out of a full-ride scholarship to play at IU and pay. 

The only option would be as a walk on. He couldn't red shirt. He will not be coming to IU

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

No one wants a walk-on who "needs" the ball in his hands, or may have helicopter family, or whose presence could be a distraction.

Simply from the sanctimonious Gregg Doyel columns/propaganda pieces for the Brown family that would come demanding he play more, it's a "no" from me as well. Purdue takes fliers on 3 star kids all the time (see Brian Waddell and Braden Smith in recent classes) and stayed away. Tells you all you need to know. 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That is correct.

So he has quit on Brownsburg and Stetson?  What is the 3rd school that bird4par alluded to?

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Word circulated he bailed on his AAU team.

Hmmmm....

So really he has only quit on 2 schools?  LOL

Interesting to say the least.  Seems he is getting "advice."  It will lead to him being labelled a "quitter."

On 1/21/2020 at 4:40 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Depends who you talk to. He did play with main group most of the summer. During those games he didn’t really do anything that stood out as a High major prospect. His limitations that scouts and coaches were worried about before were still present during the games in the summer. He did good enough to get the attention of mid major and low major programs. If you talk to some scouts they will tell you he quit on the top Indiana elite team when someone close to him pulled him out of an event and didn’t really give any notice. Who knows what really happened it’s AAU where kids switch teams during the same event. Lol. Brown will have every opportunity to earn a high major scholly this year if he chooses to play for the top Indiana Elite team. Word is Lander is playing on the EYBL this coming year with Furst and Indy Heat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

• I remember seeing some inflated Indiana Elite Gold stats for him posted by his board benefactor in the summer of '19 (23+ppg).
  • I then looked at a box score and saw no D1 teammates, and then realized that the big game with IE was with their 'B' team, not the Platinum 'A' team.

Usps later added the post above that summarized why he left IE.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

• I remember seeing some inflated Indiana Elite Gold stats for him posted by his board benefactor in the summer of '19 (23+ppg).
  • I then looked at a box score and saw no D1 teammates, and then realized that the big game with IE was with their 'B' team, not the Platinum 'A' team.

Usps later added the post above that summarized why he left IE.

Thanks for the info...and I got a chuckle out of the "board benefactor" comment!

• Luke Brown is in the top 5 all-time leaders in scoring.
  • We all know Brown left for Blackford for the coach and Stetson???  Really??  Why go there in the first place?
  • Blackford would not have near the wins if they didn't have Brown (even in a lower competitive basketball region).
  • The future is not proven for him on a competitive, D-I basketball team.
  • There is a reason that Luke Brown has not been recruited heavily.
  • Luke Brown as an IU walk-on???
    • Embrace it or challenge it?
    • Would I be worried if I'm Galloway, Leal, or Lander with Brown behind me looking at my minutes as a walk-on?
      • From the standpoint of how well this team is put together and the minutes played are an absolute premium, I can see nothing good out of this.
  • Conclusion
    • CMW will work too hard to get this team back to relevance and this would be a huge locker room disruption.
    • This will be a No for me.

1 hour ago, Rico said:
1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That is correct.

IIRC, he transferred/moved into Blackford?  From Brownsburg maybe?

That's not accurate. He transferred moved into Blackford as a freshman. He was never enrolled at Brownsburg and was never going to go there. I don't count anything that happens in AAU because people move teams every time the wind blows for all kinds of reasons. He's quit on 1 team and who knows the real details on that. People just like to find ways to take shots at the kid for some dumb reason.