Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

That’s probably a good thing. It always looked bad with so many seats empty. And Memorial Stadium is actually a great place to watch a game even from the top seats. Best time for a picture during a game is against Ohio State because the reds blend in. Program needs to become consistent first. I think the addition looks great but it wasn’t necessary and won’t help the program any IMO. I’d say uniforms have more of an impact. Especially for a program like Indiana that can’t draw kids in on being Bama, Michigan, OSU, LSU or USC. We aren’t anywhere near Oregon but the kids that go there love wearing a different uniform every change of possession.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I told you they weren’t adding seats, like, last year. This project was announced 4 years ago. How is it possible that you still thought they were adding thousands of seats? How was it not necessary? Every sport will use this and it clears up more space for a new football locker room. You’re way out in left field on this.

Look:

4BD61B1C-A433-4040-915D-B5070860656B.jpeg

EBC64F2F-CFC9-4E0D-9D23-123756650A15.jpeg

BE770B6F-08B9-4918-BC81-527C3B825559.jpeg

On 7/30/2018 at 8:04 AM, HoosierDYT said:

Kentucky, Duke, and UNC have all worn black alternative jerseys. I get tradition, but everyone - especially players - like to shake it up every once in awhile.

I know.  They look awful.    And I don't care what Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina do.  You can shake it up without screwing it up.

7 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I know.  They look awful.    And I don't care what Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina do.  You can shake it up without screwing it up.

Black jerseys was just an example. The script jerseys would be a subtle but really cool alternate in my opinion. The jerseys we were against Kansas a few years ago were also nice.

Even an old dude like me likes to see the jersey changes. It really doesn't cost us anything and if the players like it, Great!   Some whiners would complain about not changing the uni's because its the same ole same ole.... Yeah, I'm good with it.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:49 AM, Old Friend said:

They really don't though

On 7/30/2018 at 10:28 PM, Naturalhoosier said:

Came across this gem. If it's on the internet it's gotta be true, right?!

0E869B4C-B062-4CC5-B8FB-CE505526CDEC.png

Nice!! I was playing baseball in an allstar tourney in bloomington when I was 12. I hit a dinger when Randle El was umping and he signed the ball. It's a great memory. 

Edited by gfeltner28
Meant to put umping

49 minutes ago, gfeltner28 said:

Nice!! I was playing baseball in an allstar tourney in bloomington when I was 12. I hit a dinger when Randle El was umping and he signed the ball. It's a great memory. 

Awesome!!!  Take a look at the description. Lol

I bumped into him at the Pinstripe Bowl. Got my picture taken with him. Regardless of the outcome it was a great day!

This big "report" just came out on the football stadium, uniforms, etc. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/8/28/glass-details-transformational-improvements-to-indiana-football-and-the-gameday-experience.aspx

Here are highlights with the unis: 

• State-of-the-Art Helmets for Improved Safety: Every IU football player is being provided Riddell's new Speed Flex Precision Fit helmet, which utilizes two different layers of 3-D scanning technology to make a custom-made helmet for every individual player. The medical and equipment staffs of IU Athletics believe this to be the safest football helmet available. This year's new helmet will be red matte with variations created by the use of decals. IU Athletics will add an additional color helmet next year. 
  • Bill Mallory Helmet Sticker: IU will continue to honor former head football coach Bill Mallory, who passed away on May 25, with a helmet sticker commemorating his tremendous impact on IU Football, the men who played for him, and the Bloomington community. A two-time Big Ten Coach of the Year, Mallory is the program's all-time winningest coach and led the Hoosiers to six bowl berths.
  • Our Name Will be on the Front of Our Jerseys and Not on the Back: Again, consistent with our soon-to-be-unveiled IU Athletics Brand and Uniform Guidelines, and our status as the state's Flagship university, our football jerseys will once again bear "Indiana" across the front. Also consistent with the new Guidelines, our football jerseys will not carry the individual names of players on the backs of our regular season jerseys, consistent with our philosophy of team over self. 

I sorta like no names on the backs of the jerseys in basketball -- because of the tradition (yes, I'm a boring, old tradition guy) and let's face it: there are only about 10-12 guys you have to know anyway and after you've seen 2-3 games, you know the names and numbers -- if you didn't already. I don't like it with football, though. There are 85 or so players and probably 40-50 that play in any given game -- it's impossible to know all their numbers. I think in this case, the new Guidelines are kinda silly. I'm guessing football, basketball and women's basketball are about the only sports most schools have last names on the backs anyway. I'd much rather see names on football jerseys than not. 

Would think that players like having their name on the back of their jerseys for some sort of individual recognition and pride. This can't be a good selling point for recruits. We need all the help we can get in recruiting and building a real football program and this doesn't seem progressive...maybe I'm wrong and kids don't really care about this I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would think that players like having their name on the back of their jerseys for some sort of individual recognition and pride. This can't be a good selling point for recruits. We need all the help we can get in recruiting and building a real football program and this doesn't seem progressive...maybe I'm wrong and kids don't really care about this I don't know.   

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You beat me to it! Lol. My first thought was if recruits/players would like to have their last name on the back of the jersey, then why take that away. IU does need all the help they can get for their football program. 

38 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You did read that this is consistent with the new IU AD branding guidelines right?

Then the new IU AD branding guidelines are stupid. Taking last names off jerseys provides zero benefit to the football team. It can only hurt them, there's no point in doing it.