Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Milldawg12

Sean Miller caught on phone

Regarding Vitale: Dickie and most everyone in the basketball world seems to forget or overlook the fact that Saint Jim Valvano was a dirty cheater whose team was put on probation under his watch.  I wonder how angelic Bob Knight will be to Vitale if he passes first (he'll probably want the name of the state changed to Knightolina or something like that).

47 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Regarding Vitale: Dickie and most everyone in the basketball world seems to forget or overlook the fact that Saint Jim Valvano was a dirty cheater whose team was put on probation under his watch.  I wonder how angelic Bob Knight will be to Vitale if he passes first (he'll probably want the name of the state changed to Knightolina or something like that).

He will defend his buddies/idols to his grave.  That includes Knight, Coach K, Cal, Boeheim, Pitino to name a few. It's crazy how on the telecast last night he was so strong in his view that Sean Miller should never coach again with just the allegation surfacing and then bats a blind eye to all the crap that has come out at Lville. Also, raves about the top three recruits coming to Duke with a straight face. His act is so predictable and tired. 

2 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He will defend his buddies/idols to his grave.  That includes Knight, Coach K, Cal, Boeheim, Pitino to name a few. It's crazy how on the telecast last night he was so strong in his view that Sean Miller should never coach again with just the allegation surfacing and then bats a blind eye to all the crap that has come out at Lville. Also, raves about the top three recruits coming to Duke with a straight face. His act is so predictable and tired. 

I hope he started with "if the allegations are true" before he went on his rant. It's one thing to speculate about this stuff on a message board but a completely different thing to do it on a national broadcast. Vitale was funny and fresh about thirty years ago and actually did some analysis. Now he is a caricature of himself and it's old and tired.

I hope he started with "if the allegations are true" before he went on his rant. It's one thing to speculate about this stuff on a message board but a completely different thing to do it on a national broadcast. Vitale was funny and fresh about thirty years ago and actually did some analysis. Now he is a caricature of himself and it's old and tired.

Heck bilas straight up said sean miller is done and should never coach college again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

42 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Heck bilas straight up said sean miller is done and should never coach college again.

Coming from the university named on the report who’s players have been given extra benefits for years and a conference that allows no show diplomas. I find it amusing the NCAA is in the predicament and my dislike goes all the way back to Brand and our punishment. Their selective enforcement has caught up to them during  March Madness; the best moment to shine light on their organization.

Saw somewhere that miller would get paid more for being fired with cause than if he was fired without cause. Seems like UA knew what was going on, if it was going on. How could a coach be so dumb to discuss payment on the phone? I'm sure that most universities have handlers

Sent from my LG-H872 using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Call me crazy but the way sean miller and aytons family have responded to this issue is leading me to believe it isn't true or the call is some kind of misunderstanding. Seems odd to so brazenly denie it all if true

Right but that doesn't change the fact Sean Miller is sitting out.  That's more telling than anything to me.

And Ayton and his family just have absolutely nothing to lose, so why not deny?  Play well, increase your draft stock, and hope nothing more comes of it until the tournament is over.

Right but that doesn't change the fact Sean Miller is sitting out.  That's more telling than anything to me.
And Ayton and his family just have absolutely nothing to lose, so why not deny?  Play well, increase your draft stock, and hope nothing more comes of it until the tournament is over.
Why wouldnt the parents deny it. He doesnt have many games left and will be pro soon. No reason to admit to it for him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but the way sean miller and aytons family have responded to this issue is leading me to believe it isn't true or the call is some kind of misunderstanding. Seems odd to so brazenly denie it all if true

Miller is not going to resign. He gets a lot more money if he gets fired. And really do coaches ever admit they did these things?

I'm just so grateful we didn't hire Sean Miller last year, or in 2008 I guess.

The last 2 times we've had vacancies, he was at or near the top of my wish list.  Could you imagine if we hired him last year and all this stuff comes to light?  It'd be like Sampson all over again.

The last 2 times we've had vacancies, he was at or near the top of my wish list.  Could you imagine if we hired him last year and all this stuff comes to light?  It'd be like Sampson all over again.

Yep and i wonder if we would already have garland and romeo signed by now lol. That would have been disappointing

He was #1 on my listi in 2008 but this would be worse than Sampson. We'd get totally nailed hard and probably would never recover. The ncaa would remember Sampson while punishing us again.

It takes more than a coach to make this happen. It takes a culture of "winning over anything else." This is in reference to the programs who simply flip the bird to the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have no problem with Sean Miller. I mean, John Wooden cheated like crazy and he's beloved. College sports have always been like this. 
Then you should be 100% behind archie paying for 5 star players. Zero issue.

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Then you should be 100% behind archie paying for 5 star players. Zero issue.

I don't have a problem with it and I've said that before in the past. I think the players should be allowed to get money if they can.