Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mookied39

MSU....Heat on Izzo?

Short lived student chants at a game do nothing. Children and families attending don’t need to hear the profanities in AH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been sitting this one out but, no need for profanities, just call a spade a spade. Calling out wrongs is the only way things get addressed and IU had the perfect platform to call them out for their indiscretions on national TV and didn’t. It was a missed opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Been sitting this one out but, no need for profanities, just call a spade a spade. Calling out wrongs is the only way things get addressed and IU had the perfect platform to call them out for their indiscretions on national TV and didn’t. It was a missed opportunity

Yet nothing would have changed. The NCAA isn't going to say to themselves "well since IU fans chanted about we better sanction MSU."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Yet nothing would have changed. The NCAA isn't going to say to themselves "well since IU fans chanted about we better sanction MSU."

IU fans chanting wouldn't have made MSU do anything either.

That is a very linear way of looking at it. It’s the whole “my one vote doesn’t matter” scenario. If you look at things in that manner then very little gets accomplished.

Everyone does their part, it draws more attention and pressure for something to be done. If all are quiet it makes ignoring or sweeping under the rug easier which is essentially what had happened.

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well I’m their growing effort to keep lowering the bar MSUs president just accused the victims of enjoying the spotlight. What a cess pool

Always sort of thought that there needs to be a thread for the most deeply stupid/offensive/wildly insensitive comments made in a sports context. Then John Engler goes ahead and just renders it uneccessary with pretty much the worst thing that CAN be said.

unbelievable

Horrible management of tragic institutional issue. Impact to althletics, where it occurred- none. Izzo and Dantonio’s toll for their culpability - maybe an uncomfortable couple of weeks of pressers. How’s are they doing healing the community and helping the victims?

Nothing to do with Izzo but the Spartans getting another black eye regarding violence against women.   From the Lansing State Journal:

A Michigan State football athletic trainer is accused of attempted sexual assault, domestic violence and lying to a police officer, court records show.

David Jager, 39, was charged with using violence against women in two Ingham County district courts. 

MSU spokeswoman Emily Guerrant said Thursday evening that Jager is still employed by the university but has been on paid administrative leave since March 2018. She could not comment on the reason.   [wow, what a deal that is!]

Jager is accused of assaulting his girlfriend at Spartan Stadium in August 2015 and lying about it, according to East Lansing 54B District Court records. Both charges are misdemeanors. 

Jager also is charged with attempting to sexually assault a different woman in Lansing  in February 2016. In that case he faces a felony charge and up to 10 years in prison. 

Jager was one of 11 people who the Attorney's General office named in a December report as having failed to report their knowledge of Larry Nassar's abuse before it became public. 

In 2015, Jager's girlfriend told him that Nassar had "groped" her, according to the report, which called out MSU's "culture of indifference and institutional protection" that the AG's office said contributed to hundreds of women and girls being sexually abused. 

The woman told AG investigators that Jager responded with indifference, telling her Nassar was "the best in the world," according to the report. Jager said he told his girlfriend to make a report if she felt uncomfortable. 

None of the current criminal charges are related to Nassar, Jager's attorney Mary Chartier and Ingham County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Mike Cheltenham said. 

Jager is due back to 54B District Court for a pretrial conference in late August. He was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond that includes a no contact order for the woman he's accused of assaulting. There's no court appearances scheduled yet in 54A District Court in Lansing.