Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) PG DJ Carton to Ohio State

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm really curious on this one. I could see a top 50 player being ok coming off the bench his freshmen year. But if Phinisee is as good advertised Carton would be 3rd on the depth chart Freshmen year and second the next 2 years

There was always going to be a PG recruited in the 19 class. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Makes sense. But are they going to play a senior Green at SG maybe. Or are they expecting Greeb to leave

I would expect someone to leave but not sure it will be Green. I have no idea who it will be. Just seems to typically happen. 

Bettendorf defeated Davenport Central  69-44 in a Class 4A Substate 3 Quarterfinal - don't ask, I have no clue what that really signifies.  Carton was held scoreless in the first half only putting up two shots, but from the newspaper account, he must have had quite a number of assists.  "The Blue Devils couldn’t stop Carton after halftime. Carton scored all 18 of his game-high 18 points after the break, all on aggressive drives to the basket."

Assists in the first half and aggressive drives to the basket in the second; my kind of player.

Bettendorf beaten 65 - 61 in overtime because they couldn’t hit free throws missing 6 consecutive at the end of regulation.  Carton scored 25 of Bettendorf’s last 28 and finished with 36.  In the process he hit 7 3’s a career high.

Carton is playing in a NY2LA event this weekend.  He had 15 pts. in a 48-46 Quad City Elite win over Bradley Beal Elite (Francis Okoro) and from the following tweets an absolutely monster dunk. 

Scott Burgess‏ @scottybscout  - Bettendorf (IA) 2019 PG DJ Carton @DJCarton just had an ALL TIME POSTER DUNK!

Brian Snow‏ @BSnow247  - D.J. Carton, gracious. Dunks dont really impress me at this point but what he just did was absurd

Some post-game stuff from the NY2LA event.

DJ Carton – Quad City Elite 17u – Carton is as good as advertised and he showed exactly why he holds over 10 high major offers.  The 6-2 guard was scoring from all over the floor, getting his teammates involved, playing great defense, and shut the whole gym down with a monster dunk.  Carton finished with a team high 15 points in Quad City Elites big win over Bradley Beal Elite EYBL.

This kid continues to get better and better, Carton opened a lot of eyes on Friday. Going head-to-head with Bradley Beal Elite, Carton and Quad City Elite pulled out a two-point victory. Carton was sensational. He scored 15 points and created a ton of opportunities for his teammates. Defenders try and hassle and get after Carton, but it’s to no avail. He’s able to rise above the pressure and still dictate the game. Carton looks for even more explosive than a year ago. He had a nasty poster dunk between multiple defenders and a few other impressive drives to the rim. A clear top 50 prospect in the class of 2019, Carton blew up last summer. Expect his offer list to continue to grow.