Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Thad Matta OUT @ OSU

Starting to see rumors that Creighton is prepared for McDermott to leave and that Crean is a leading candidate to replace him at Creighton. Just rumors floating around the World Wide Web, but Creighton could actually be a good fit for him there. Have a good season every now and then, never expected to go on deep runs.

Starting to see rumors that Creighton is prepared for McDermott to leave and that Crean is a leading candidate to replace him at Creighton. Just rumors floating around the World Wide Web, but Creighton could actually be a good fit for him there. Have a good season every now and then, never expected to go on deep runs.

And return to IU for a Gavitt Tipoff game

Makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If that is what OSU can get then they are not a top 15 job. They are in bad shape currently but have the resources and location to do better than McD.

I was referring more to Crean to Creighton than McDermott to OSU. But both seem reasonable. McDermott isnt intimidating but he's a good coach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Saw this tweeted out earlier.

Greg McDermott’s D-1 record w/out his son playing for him? 207-175. In-Conference record? 90-118.

4 tourneys in 12 years. 0-4 record.

Kind of a yawner really unless he has another kid.

I don't think that's a terrible hire. It's not Donovan or someone like Jay Wright, but McDermott has had success at Northern Iowa and Creighton. He struggled in his only other Power 5 job (Iowa State), but he's done some great things in his other stops. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Saw this tweeted out earlier.

Greg McDermott’s D-1 record w/out his son playing for him? 207-175. In-Conference record? 90-118.

4 tourneys in 12 years. 0-4 record.

Kind of a yawner really unless he has another kid.

Whoops, disregard my previous post. Not good. 

Just saw this on Twitter... McDermott turned tosu down... will stay at Creighton.

UPDATE: Greg McDermott tweeted Thursday that he is remaining with Creighton. http://es.pn/2r63cR6

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19579699/greg-mcdermott-says-staying-creighton-bluejays-coach

The article also says that Fred Holberg told the Chicago Tribune that he plans to stay in Chicago with the Bulls.

Just saw this on Twitter... McDermott turned tosu down... will stay at Creighton.
UPDATE: Greg McDermott tweeted Thursday that he is remaining with Creighton. http://es.pn/2r63cR6
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19579699/greg-mcdermott-says-staying-creighton-bluejays-coach

Wow... I don't think O$U is a premier job but thought they could land McDermott. I would probably have O$U in the 5-7 range in the B1G.

Too bad for Crean, I think he'd be a good fit at someplace like Creighton. They care about basketball but not the pressure & expectations of IU. He could bring in the same level of players and do fine, IMO.