Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

FW radio grading their 6 IUBB coaching candidates.

Alford -graded a B. Not winning enough. Compared to Crean.

Fife- flyer, risky pick. B-

Marshall- wins, coaches well. Wife takes him from A to A-.

Archie Miller- doesn't win enough. C.

Billy Donovan- Boom. Out of the park. A+

Holtman- great coach, lots of success. Recruiting concerns. B-.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fife ahead of Miller and tied with Holtmann. WTF

27 minutes ago, indianaranger said:

Heard people in Virginia ready to get rid of Bennett!

If that is true then those "people" are retarded. Take a look at UVa results for the 10yrs before Bennett got there and since.

He's the best thing to happen to them since Ralph Sampson.

2 hours ago, Cheaney40 said:

From Rabjohns :

Where the Indiana coaching search stands

2:09 PM 

So, where does Indiana’s coaching search stand right now in the actual process?

What is happening right now is the search firm that Indiana hired, Parker Executive Search, is in the process of reaching out to coaches to gauge the interest level of those coaches.

Where this starts is with any coach at any level with whom IU would like to discuss it’s opening.

At this point, Peegs.com has confirmed IU has gotten positive feed back from several coaches, all of whom are currently on our updated coaching Hot Board.

Now, more coaches could be contacted by the search firm today, tomorrow, next week.

I don’t want to put specific names in this report just yet to avoid giving the impression that timing of communication is indicative of level of interest, either from IU in a coach or a coach in IU.

Sometimes timing of communication can be related to travel, still being the NCAA Tournament, a coach needing to sit down with his representation before responding, etc. These are people who have and can offer multi-million dollar contracts.

The point of this note is more about where the process stands right now and how it is most likely to unfold in the next few days, and beyond.

Here is what we have been told by multiple sources on that front:

After Parker gets feedback — positive or negative — from the coaches IU wants to reach, that will be gathered and presented to decision makers at IU.

At that point, IU will go through the feedback, see what they feel is learned from the feedback and proceed with interviews.

As far as timing, getting to the point of starting interviews probably isn’t a 24-hour situation. It may not even be a 48-hour situation. It could be a couple days before interviews start in earnest.

With coaching searches, things can change at any point in time. That’s just the nature of these situations. But at this point in time, IU wants to proceed in a thoughtful and unrushed manner. The goal is to fully vet all options and make the right decision, not make a fast decision.

The focus is on the next 10 years or more of IU basketball, not the next 10 hours of a coaching search.

Obviously, if something wild happens, IU has the ability to shift course at any point in time and make a beeline for someone.

At this point in time, we’re told IU wants a more thoughtful, thorough process that includes letting Parker do background on a number of candidates.

No contract offers have been made. There are no secret deals with any coaching candidate.

As Brian Snow reported in his note earlier today, Indiana athletic director Fred Glass is following through on his promise to reach out to basketball people in this state and get their feedback, and he is doing it personally.

So, again, Indiana is in the information gathering stage, as things stand right now, and will proceed from there.

Classic Rabjohns/Peegs stuff.  Saying a lot without saying anything at all.

They're clearly big believers in the phrase "Never let a crisis go to waste" as evidenced by their current 3 months for the price of 1 special going on now.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Tony Kornheiser and Jay Williams just were talking about Billy D and IU. Both said they thought Billy D should come back to IU. Both also believed his current situation is the opposite of what he signed up for. They said offer him $7.5 as one of 3 coaches currently available who have won 2 plus titles and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been saying offer 7, but I'd be fine with 7.5.  I'd go 8.1 just to one up what pUKe is giving Cal for the last 6 years of his extension.

Tony Kornheiser and Jay Williams just were talking about Billy D and IU. Both said they thought Billy D should come back to IU. Both also believed his current situation is the opposite of what he signed up for. They said offer him $7.5 as one of 3 coaches currently available who have won 2 plus titles and call it a day.

I watched this too. Perfectly level headed. Seems somewhat encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I watched this too. Perfectly level headed. Seems somewhat encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah. It wasn't over the top or outrageous for tv. They just laid out the facts and explained what they would do. Kornheiser said he wouldn't have left college knowing both Durant and Westbrook opting out. Well Westbrook soon.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah. It wasn't over the top or outrageous for tv. They just laid out the facts and explained what they would do. Kornheiser said he wouldn't have left college knowing both Durant and Westbrook opting out. Well Westbrook soon.

Which is exactly why Donovan is gonna coach IU. If he truly wanted the job two years ago, why wouldn't he now?