Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, Zach Farmer said:

I hope your right but when he sees how good Yogi and Troy are doing with both going undrafted I don't see him turning down the opportunity to play professionally 

Blackmon knows he would shine for IU his senior season. He's now got a coach that will actually run plays for him. He's gonna come back and excel under Archie. He'll be drafted 1st round in 2018

Blackmon knows he would shine for IU his senior season. He's now got a coach that will actually run plays for him. He's gonna come back and excel under Archie. He'll be drafted 1st round in 2018

He wont be drafted in the first round and he would have to buy into a defense and a team first concept next year. If he is all about jacking up shots,etc he should leave now. He would not fit in fill.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He wont be drafted in the first round and he would have to buy into a defense and a team first concept next year. If he is all about jacking up shots,etc he should leave now. He would not fit in fill.

This. I am hoping that Archie will not let him or anyone only play on one side of the court. To get to where we want to be we need everyone playing their roles on both sides and sans a few games, JBJ has not bought into that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie will get Blackmon to buy into both sides of the court. IU has a coach that's gonna stress that fact

Assuming jbj wants to buy into it. If he is dead set on the next level he should just leave now. A me first player does us no good. We shall see.

2 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Assuming jbj wants to buy into it. If he is dead set on the next level he should just leave now. A me first player does us no good. We shall see.

Archie is gonna get these guys to buy into the team concept

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Just as a refresher for the key dates for kids who declare for the NBA draft.

Players have until April 23, to declare for the draft and may withdraw their name any time until May 24, while keeping their eligibility. They also can participate in the NBA Draft combine from May 9-14, and starting in late April may work out for individual teams to gain feedback from scouts and team personnel.

I was looking at a few NBA mock drafts today. JBJ was not mocked on any of them to be drafted. OG was mocked anywhere from 15-20. Bryant was mocked mostly in the second round. I was surprised that one of the mock drafts I looked had had Bryant going very late in the second round and OG was not on the board at all! It was a recently updated mock as well. 

Of course I selfishly want all of them to come back and see what Miller can do with them. JBJ and Bryant should definitely come back. Bryant could really improve his position with a strong junior year. OG is the only one I could see declaring and staying in the draft, but he could be a top 10 pick in 2018 with a strong junior year. 

I hope RoJo and JBJ come back and JBJ buys into defense--plus as many of us have begged for all year I would love to see us have some set plays such as with screens to free him up for some open shots in key game situations. He is a weapon we need to use! Plus if he has a great year it could help us out with recruiting his little brother who is a talent --down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just heard the news that Derrick Rose has another knee injury.  That's his 4th as I recall and quite honestly, that might be enough reason right there for JBJ to go all in and leave IU rather than run the risk of yet another knee injury and definitely lose any shot at pro ball.  

Which is why OG is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

OG should go at this point, as much as I hate to say.

Keep in mind that Thomas Bryant didn't even go through the evaluation process last year, so he never got that feedback from scouts and coaches about what he needs to work on.  He should declare this year, without hiring an agent.  I can't see him being picked in the first round right now, this is a pretty deep draft.

Ultimately he should come back for another year to improve upon what he needs to work on.

I don't see any of them going in the first round.  Bryant was  really not better as a sophomore and may have taken a step back. JBJ doesn't have NBA quicks, he will never be more than a bench guy and OG is going to drop with the knee injury.  OG is certainly the ost likely, but I think they all could take a big leap with a good year of learning to play defense at a whole new level.

I don't see any of them going in the first round.  Bryant was  really not better as a sophomore and may have taken a step back. JBJ doesn't have NBA quicks, he will never be more than a bench guy and OG is going to drop with the knee injury.  OG is certainly the ost likely, but I think they all could take a big leap with a good year of learning to play defense at a whole new level.

Bryant is not going anywhere.

Hasn't OG stated in the middle of the first round even after his injury?