Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

St Charles Alum here! We had a great basketball team in 96..won at Edgewood on a buzzer beater, beat tri north and bachelor and played in the CYO state championship game, came up short though. 

Not that I can remember, but I could be wrong.

Appreciate the thread but I think you are one of 1000 people saying this. It is worth noting though. If you had more information it would be more credit worthy.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I know it has been said that we wait until end of season to announce anything, but honestly, I wish they would make the announcement now (assuming decision has been made) so that we could give Crean a proper send off for what he has done for IU. He has maxed out and should have been gone long time ago, but he brought us back from Sampson and gave us the Watshot and for that alone, I'm thankful for him being here. I want to cheer for this team without worrying that it will save his job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really wish that would've been the case. I don't think it would've been an NC State scenario where things get ugly. The fans would've been able to come out and thank Crean for the things he's done without worrying about him being brought back next year. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Quinn Buckner said on his radio show 2 years ago that he knows for certain that the Donovan camp reached out to IU. Seems to fall in line with the rumors that Indiana and Donovan had conversations and Indiana wasn't willing to pull the trigger. My biggest fear isn't that there won't be a big name coach who will want the job. My biggest fear is that Indiana will refuse to pay a homerun hire what the market requires.

I don't think that last part is a problem. People complain about the admin not wanting to put too much power in the mbb program due to RMK. That was the last group, and I think that was real. This current regime spends like top 10 program in salary, recruiting, facilities, etc...I think there is more evidence than not that they will do what it takes- IF the other party is coming( your second to last point)- to pay what they need. 

I don't think that last part is a problem. People complain about the admin not wanting to put too much power in the mbb program due to RMK. That was the last group, and I think that was real. This current regime spends like top 10 program in salary, recruiting, facilities, etc...I think there is more evidence than not that they will do what it takes- IF the other party is coming( your second to last point)- to pay what they need. 

Great perspective. 2 years ago would have been a difficult time to pull the trigger, the more I think about it. Great core returning with a McD's AA coming in. Had to play it out.

Great perspective. 2 years ago would have been a difficult time to pull the trigger, the more I think about it. Great core returning with a McD's AA coming in. Had to play it out.

I'm trying to think of a logical reason Glass wouldn't fire Crean.

If I had to tie my future to a coach, it certainly wouldnt be Crean after this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

What exactly happened in this meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just that "the meeting" we've all been waiting for between Crean and Glass happened. No details on level of mutual decision, or any of the soft landing stuff people have been floating around. 

Just that "the meeting" we've all been waiting for between Crean and Glass happened. No details on level of mutual decision, or any of the soft landing stuff people have been floating around. 

You also said it was done and that Crean will be gone at seasons end right