Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

DD had a high school coach from the same conference as New Albany call in today. That coach said that NA coach Shannon told him that Crean wasn't even in the top ten coaches that have been contacting Romeo the most. That right there is a good reason why he got fired and didn't do a good job recruiting the state of Indiana. That coach from southern Indiana agreed that the next coach should be an Indiana guy that looks up the in state recruiting and builds relationships with Indiana high school and AAU coaches fwiw.

Why do I have a feeling that Dane Fife is going to get a sizeable raise to be Indiana's Associate Head Coach regardless of who the head coach ends up being.

I'm not sure fife is going to leave izzos side unless it's for a head coaching job. He's learning from a hall of fame coach right now

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, cljones1979 said:

I'm not sure fife is going to leave izzos side unless it's for a head coaching job. He's learning from a hall of fame coach right now

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree with what your saying and there's a chance he could replace Izzo at some point but money talks.

DD had a high school coach from the same conference as New Albany call in today. That coach said that NA coach Shannon told him that Crean wasn't even in the top ten coaches that have been contacting Romeo the most. That right there is a good reason why he got fired and didn't do a good job recruiting the state of Indiana. That coach from southern Indiana agreed that the next coach should be an Indiana guy that looks up the in state recruiting and builds relationships with Indiana high school and AAU coaches fwiw.

I also heard that call. When he was talking about the "top ten coaches", he wasn't talking about won - loss records, or anything like that. He was talking about how hard the coaches were recruiting Romeo.

I just wanted to add that in case someone didn't get want you meant.

Sounds like another case of a top in-state player being given less attention than deserved. I think that may have been happening a lot.

14 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'd love an IU guy is there was one that's a home run hire, but there's not.

I hope the new coach gets one as an assistant.  Fife, Cheaney, or Guyton for instance.  I'd love Hulls when he's done playing.

I hope the new coach gets one as an assistant.  Fife, Cheaney, or Guyton for instance.  I'd love Hulls when he's done playing.

Hulls is still playing somewhere? I had no idea. Where is he?

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Hulls, Lewis, Micah Shrewsbury.

Those three would lock up the state of Indiana far, far better than Steve Alford, Ed Schilling, and Kory Barnett ever would.

17 minutes ago, Hoosier in NC said:

There's a thread on Rupp Rafters for rumors that JBJ is interested in transferring to UK.  If he doesn't go pro I could see that being a possibility.  Hope not, but not too far-fetched.

Is he gone yet? 1-800-gouhaul. Unless he changes his ways I'm not sure he'd see the court much there. If you don't wanna be here then don't stay. 

I just got done reading some stuff over on Rupp Rafters and wow do I feel stupid after reading some of those hill jacks posts. They think it is so impossible that we could land someone like Donovan.