Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Game day is tomorrow. If there hasn't been any news yet, nothing will break until we lose.

Then the NIT comes into play...IUBB has already said they would accept an invitation to the NIT if offered....

Basically, we could be waiting a couple of more weeks before news breaks.

I feel like they would be willing to announce Crean's departure after a big ten tourney loss but before the NIT and let him coach it out or have one of the assistants coach as interim.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'd get some tickets and go. Honestly still might even if things stay how they are. Cheap, good seats are hard to pass up.

Yeah.  I'd go just to put a cap on this season.  It's still hard for me to make sense of this season.  I was so convinced we would be a monster team this year.  How long until we have a mix like this of NBA talent, size, and shooting?  What the heck even happened?

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'd get some tickets and go. Honestly still might even if things stay how they are. Cheap, good seats are hard to pass up.

I might have to as well. Only a couple hours from Btown and it would be my first game in the Hall since the renovation. Hell, we might even run some sets on offense for once lol

Yeah.  I'd go just to put a cap on this season.  It's still hard for me to make sense of this season.  I was so convinced we would be a monster team this year.  How long until we have a mix like this of NBA talent, size, and shooting?  What the heck even happened?

Crean happened

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I might have to as well. Only a couple hours from Btown and it would be my first game in the Hall since the renovation. Hell, we might even run some sets on offense for once lol

Surely you jest. Set offenses? You mean there is something other than the weave and heave?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Long time reader, seldom poster.....just a bit of info I heard and thought I would share.  I have a good friend with a son who is a student/athlete at Mizzou. I spoke with him last evening to get his take on the situation.  He is hearing that Cuonzo Martin and Crean are on Mizzou's short list in that order.  (supposedly Martin's ties to STL being the advantage)  He is also hearing that Martin is also interested in the Illini job if it comes available. The results of the B1G tourney could create a domino effect. Depending on what Illinois does in the B1G Tourney, and if they make the NCAA tourney could decide Groce's future. If he gets fired, Martin could be in line for the UI job and Crean can fall into Mizzou's lap.  However, if UI keeps Groce..... then Martin may look into taking the Mizzou job and thus creates no position for Crean.  I want to stress that this is not insider info.  Just what many connected to Mizzou's athletic community are hearing.  

So not only am I doing some snooping at the Bloomington Airport, I'm also staring in a major film.

I'm getting paid for this correct? I'll my agent get in contact with you all. I believe Crean and I share the same agent in fact. :92:

So not only am I doing some snooping at the Bloomington Airport, I'm also staring in a major film.

I'm getting paid for this correct? I'll my agent get in contact with you all. I believe Crean and I share the same agent in fact. :92:

Who is telling treesh this is pro bono work?

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I really don't think we'll go to the NIT. The fan base is losing interest, everyone just wants to take this season out back and shoot it. 

If by losing interest you mean not a single person cares about tomorrow's game, then yeah, i'd say we're losing interest.

Simply put, we're all in coaching search mode now. A Big Ten tournament game is the last thing we care about. In fact, I'd venture to say many if not most are hoping for a loss so that the coaching search ball can keep rolling.

The suspense is killing me guys..... I just want a new coach most of the candidates already mentioned would be great fits but personally if we can't get Donovan I would like to think we could get Archie.
Of course it's a chance deal maybe he will or willnt be a good fit but dang it's a chance worth taking bc we already know what we have with crean (not much)! Just my opinion of taking a chance on a young coach that we could have for awhile if he became a success

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would guess we end up with Archie. Stevens, Donovan say no. Sean Miller gets his salary doubled at Arizona and we move down the list.

8 minutes ago, RickyIU said:

If by losing interest you mean not a single person cares about tomorrow's game, then yeah, i'd say we're losing interest.

Simply put, we're all in coaching search mode now. A Big Ten tournament game is the last thing we care about. In fact, I'd venture to say many if not most are hoping for a loss so that the coaching search ball can keep rolling.

I want Creany boy gone just as much as the next but I'll still be hoping we win the B1G tourney so we get into the dance. I'm sure I speak for every IU fan when I say March without Indiana sucks. Just rooting for teams playing against UK is not enough. I need my Hoosiers to look forward to. 

Long time reader, seldom poster.....just a bit of info I heard and thought I would share.  I have a good friend with a son who is a student/athlete at Mizzou. I spoke with him last evening to get his take on the situation.  He is hearing that Cuonzo Martin and Crean are on Mizzou's short list in that order.  (supposedly Martin's ties to STL being the advantage)  He is also hearing that Martin is also interested in the Illini job if it comes available. The results of the B1G tourney could create a domino effect. Depending on what Illinois does in the B1G Tourney, and if they make the NCAA tourney could decide Groce's future. If he gets fired, Martin could be in line for the UI job and Crean can fall into Mizzou's lap.  However, if UI keeps Groce..... then Martin may look into taking the Mizzou job and thus creates no position for Crean.  I want to stress that this is not insider info.  Just what many connected to Mizzou's athletic community are hearing.  

Great post! Thanks for sharing what you heard.