Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

26 minutes ago, VO5 said:

So apparently there is a rift on the team. Blackmon is a part of it and Johnson possibly. Not surprised, although I will say rob has been my favorite player the past 2 years. Hope he doesn't go anywhere after the season

I just a blurb earlier today that last year there were 811 transfers.  It was just a fluke that we didn't have any last year especially after our experiences in the previous years.  As a coach, l think you probably have to expect and plan for 1 or 2 per year just because of how the climate in college basketball has changed.

10 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I still have a coworker that says "How can you fire a coach that won the B1G last year and was COY?". Refuses to acknowledge the entire body of work and mediocrity. He can't see the forest for the trees. Says the Crean haters aren't "true fans" then in the same breath stammers "If they fire Crean, I hope they lose every game next year".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How do you fire a guy that was COY?  Ask Alabama football, they did it.

There was an article on peegs today from Rabjohns where he interviewed Gary Parrish concerning Crean. It seems the national media is finally picking up on how ugly things are getting. He said Crean would be better off with a fresh start.

http://www.scout.com/college/indiana/story/1762743-i-think-he-wants-to-stay

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I literally keep going from, "yeah it looks like Crean is gone" to "well sh*t I think we'll have Crean for another year or so." I think I might just sit back and enjoy the ride the rest of the way. I just wanna be successful (in my drake voice)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I still have a coworker that says "How can you fire a coach that won the B1G last year and was COY?". Refuses to acknowledge the entire body of work and mediocrity. He can't see the forest for the trees. Says the Crean haters aren't "true fans" then in the same breath stammers "If they fire Crean, I hope they lose every game next year".

I'm sure he's probably in the camp that feels we wouldn't get a good coach to come here because "no one wants that kind of pressure." 

It's just another example of the loser mentality that's engulfed so much of our fanbase. 

i think a lot of the fans that think crean is so great dont really watch the games or dont know much about basketball. i had to turn so many games off this year due to losing my voice from yelling at the tv. the stuff the players do on the court is so ridiculous i wonder what he teaches them in practice. never have i been so frustrated at a coach for not sitting players for making the same mistake over and over. i get it...the players are just kids but when they do something wrong on the court they need to be disciplined or they will just keep doing it. when crean said he had to be their greatest cheerleader that said it all. a coach needs to be more like a father figure not a cheerleader.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm sure he's probably in the camp that feels we wouldn't get a good coach to come here because "no one wants that kind of pressure." 

It's just another example of the loser mentality that's engulfed so much of our fanbase. 

the way this is all being handled by the administration i honestly think is going to make it a little harder to land a top coach. 

Lots of noise and clutter and I believe things that are decoys---so it may be wishful thinking but I say--- where there is smoke ---there is fire. So--I am sticking with my original prediction: Crean to Mizzou and Donovan to IU!  What you got Hoosier Nation? Get your final predictions on record because I think things start leaking if we happen to lose tonight! 

Not exactly my point. More like root for an ending tonight so the lame soap opera and rumors will be close to ending, or at least draw closer to ending.
I can't be the only one thinking this.

Haha just messing around. I feel you. Seeing all the rumors and knowing only 1% of them are true gets old.

I think we win either way...we either get to keep watching IU basketball or we lose and all (or at least most) of our questions get answered.

Crean was never gonna be gone until the end of the season. I think that was the right decision too. But Glass should have announced that Crean was gonna be relieved of his duties at the end of the season. This should have happened after the loss Friday. Or before senior night. Either way, people would have shown up at Assembly Hall to show appreciation for Crean. He did some good things that us fans have acknowledged. But it's time for this era to end and I have no doubt that we would have shown our appreciation had Glass done this exact scenario

i have to root for the team tonight. im not a crean fan want to see him gone but i would like to see the team go out with a fight. have to remember the team is just a bunch of kids playing basketball trying to get through college.

I'll be rooting too. I hate seeing this season turn into the dumpster fire it's become. Would like to see some positive even though I think a change is still needed at head coach

30 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Lots of noise and clutter and I believe things that are decoys---so it may be wishful thinking but I say--- where there is smoke ---there is fire. So--I am sticking with my original prediction: Crean to Mizzou and Donovan to IU!  What you got Hoosier Nation? Get your final predictions on record because I think things start leaking if we happen to lose tonight! 

Prediction: Crean is gone. We get a new coach. Forget insiders and just look at what actions have actually happened. We missed the dance 2 of 4 years, large sections of the stadium were empty on senior night, plenty of booing of Crean at assembly hall, give up a home game to save your coach from getting a chorus of boo's. That tells me its over. I dont care what any message board insider says, its over. Glass is just playing the waiting game and allowing Crean to get the best deal possible.

Edit: And the one thing that hasnt happened, Glass giving public support to Crean. Glass had the perfect opportunity to put this issue to rest when Hutch asked him, instead he said he only wanted to talk about other topics. 

58 minutes ago, RickyIU said:

My thoughts weren't even really directed at you, per say. So I apologize if you were annoyed.

I think we can all agree that storylines have become out of control. 

One thing is for sure: IU has a lot of unnamed sources.

No problem man. We're all a little frustrated right now