Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why is everyone on this board so down on Marshall? Is it the incident in Canada? IMO, that's completely justified. 

But outside of that, his coaching record is impeccable. It's right up there, if not better, than most of the candidates we're discussing. All the guy does is win. Sure, there are questions about how his recruiting would translate to a higher level, but the same thing can be said about Archie Miller. 

I don't get it either. It's not like he's Alford and tried to cover up a freaking rape

The guy has won everywhere he's been. He's been a regular in the tournament at schools like freaking Winthrop and Wichita State. Give him IU's roster this year and I'd bet we'd be approaching 25 wins right now.

He's been to a freaking Final 4 at Wichita State. He's a great coach.

I've noticed that all the articles defending Crean are more about how IU fans have too high of expectations than about how he's a good coach. I actually lol'd when Rosenberg ended the article by calling Crean one of the smartest coaches in the country. 

1 minute ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I'll take anyone over Crean right now. Give me Marshalls Alford billy Archie. Anyone. If they don't succeed, at least we have something new to complain about

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The program can't survive another bad hire. 

But if we can at least get somebody to stabilize us that would help. 

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why is everyone on this board so down on Marshall? Is it the incident in Canada? IMO, that's completely justified. 

But outside of that, his coaching record is impeccable. It's right up there, if not better, than most of the candidates we're discussing. All the guy does is win. Sure, there are questions about how his recruiting would translate to a higher level, but the same thing can be said about Archie Miller. 

The thing that bugs me with his Canada incident is there is "getting upset" and "completely losing control".  Marshall looked to have completely lost it in that video.  As far as his coaching, I agree with you.  The guy wins.  The deciding factor is how much of a loose cannon is Marshall.  Is he a Class A d*ck or just a Class C?  

2 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I'll take anyone over Crean right now. Give me Marshalls Alford billy Archie. Anyone. If they don't succeed, at least we have something new to complain about

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

...and for God's Sakes Glass don't hire an aspiring Assistant Coach to come in and right the ship.  You might as well clear out your office.

My gut has been Marshall all along. It'll be interesting.

I'm with Stuhoo, regarding age as my only real deterrent. The attitude thing doesn't bother me so much.

Hearing Glass was spotted at MVC and the whole St. Louis flight stuff got me leaning that way.

I know it's highly disputed that Glass was actually there. I get that. We'll see.

I think he is our most likely candidate at this point.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

After the "dream tier" of Steven & Donovan, I'd put Marshall in with S. Miller & T. Bennett as safest hires.  Some of the younger guy may very well end up being superior coaches, but they also have a higher chance to be flops (in a relative sense).  As someone else mentioned, I don't know what Marshall's reputation is as far as his personality and that is important, IMO, for recruiting, assembling a staff, and interacting with the PTB.  That said, I think CTC has a fairly low reputation among fellow coaches and (apparently) H.S. and AAU coaches, so that wouldn't be a step down.