Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, RobPoff said:

When? After Knight, we've had 3 non pick of the litters. Historically great program, poor administrations the last 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This will be Glass's first basketball head coach hire.  He was around for the glory days of IU.  We have also built an amazing practice facility and spent 40 million renovating Assembly Hall under him.  You don't spend all that money on the program and pinch pennies on a coach.  Give him a chance, if he poops the bed it will end up costing him his job.

Fwiw here is my take.   

1. Crean is gone

A. The soft landing stuff is a consistency among several sources.  The media reports,  which would be an essential part of any soft landing.  

B. The comments by Doyle and the wording of Forde piece go a long way toward making the national conversation positive for Crean. 

2. The pursuit of Donovan makes sense,  as does his turning IU down.   The time was right for him 2 years ago.   The time is right for IU now.   IU made a final push,  Donovan couldn't commit.   

3.  It's hardly back to the drawing board.   Indiana is/will be the best job on the market.  I wasn't even a Donovan guy,  but after getting swept up in the excitement,  its easy to be let down.   I expect a strong push from Alford and a coaching search that will wrap up in the next week.   I say Indiana comes out of this with a quality coach.   I'm hoping for Bennett.

This will be Glass's first basketball head coach hire.  He was around for the glory days of IU.  We have also built an amazing practice facility and spent 40 million renovating Assembly Hall under him.  You don't spend all that money on the program and pinch pennies on a coach.  Give him a chance, if he poops the bed it will end up costing him his job.

I'm aware, I was just saying that we've never had the pick of the litter since Knight was fired.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He says Alford . . . 

Not yet. And don't want to be the "give him one more year guy", but think you give him next year's team. Hopefully with development from returning players, and if they are as good as what some of us think they can be then great. If he underachieves then I would not be completely opposed to looking elsewhere for the future of the program. I do like Crean, but recent play has just been so ugly to watch

Seriously?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk