Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I just dont get why Crean himself would want to be back. The fan base hates him!! The team will be worse next year so unless some miracle happens we dont improve much. And with the buyout at a million he is gone without a great season which isnt gonna happen. He is gonna bring in more freshmen and he is gonna deal with the "immaturity" even more. Why not get a start towards building your next program? I am confused by Crean wanting to stick around more than what Glass does with him. The longer Crean struggles w us the more his name loses value. He will be coaching mississippi valley state if he hangs around much longer.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Fife is interesting though. Not that he is ready but he does work for Izzo, Creans former boss. Just an interesting dynamic. It also makes this more believable because who would include Fife in that list if they were just making this up.

12 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Fife is interesting though. Not that he is ready but he does work for Izzo, Creans former boss. Just an interesting dynamic. It also makes this more believable because who would include Fife in that list if they were just making this up.

Mile said that he thinks Fife was included because IU is looking at him as a potential coach on down the road and doesn't want to burn any bridges with him later. Not saying that's the reason but that was his thoughts anyway.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Surprised Mike hadn't heard about us contact Holtmann or Bennett 

It's possible that they were on the list of people that were contacted. Mile's source may have just informed him of the guys that had shown some interest. I know Stevens was included and he said no but he is included at the top of every list.

I just saw on 247 that mile posted some updated info:

Reach outs to :

Stevens. Still not giving up, despite his telling us no

Donovan. Don't want to say where it stands for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

Sean and Archie. Further down the list.

Dane. Personally, don't understand this,unless it is a stop gap, unless IU fails with the one's above.

No reach outs to :

Alford, Mack, or Marshall. And one other I can't remember the name of.

He said that things went well with Donovan when they reached out but his sources have gone quiet recently on that front. He said they could be trying to keep it quiet until the season is over and don't want any leaks.

We couldn't have picked a worst year to start a head coaching search. Lets flash back Stevens last year at Butler..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Mile said that he thinks Fife was included because IU is looking at him as a potential coach on down the road and doesn't want to burn any bridges with him later. Not saying that's the reason but that was his thoughts anyway.

Who is mile?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Danny Bridges. Not sure if you have to be Facebook friends with him to see it, but I'm obviously not and there were plenty of other posts visible. 

I added him on messenger and asked him about it. All he would tell me about sources is he didnt need a source and that he may have jumped the gun on a 1000 dollar bet but that he will gladly admit if he is wrong which said he isnt. Said that IU hasnt reached out to anyone btw.

If Fred doesn't care enough about IU being more than it is now and sticks with Tom Crean, I'm gonna crap in a pair of underwear and send them to his office.  Let's get real, we will be lucky to win ONE more game this yr.  Which means a sub .500 winning % overall.  This **** is embarrassing.  

I just saw on 247 that mile posted some updated info:

Reach outs to :

Stevens. Still not giving up, despite his telling us no

Donovan. Don't want to say where it stands for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

Sean and Archie. Further down the list.

Dane. Personally, don't understand this,unless it is a stop gap, unless IU fails with the one's above.

No reach outs to :

Alford, Mack, or Marshall. And one other I can't remember the name of.

He said that things went well with Donovan when they reached out but his sources have gone quiet recently on that front. He said they could be trying to keep it quiet until the season is over and don't want any leaks.

Interesting that Stevens was contacted again even after saying no the first time. If we don't get Stevens this time and need a coach in the future... I could absolutely envision Stevens coaching at IU one day.

I added him on messenger and asked him about it. All he would tell me about sources is he didnt need a source and that he may have jumped the gun on a 1000 dollar bet but that he will gladly admit if he is wrong which said he isnt. Said that IU hasnt reached out to anyone btw.

"Said that IU hasn't reached out to anyone btw."

There's so many levels to this. What does he mean by "IU?" No, IU hasn't reached out but there have been discussions with possible replacements.

If I reach out to Billie Jo a few towns over and ask her what she thinks about my friend Ian did Ian actually reach out to Billie Jo?