Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PF Billy Preston to Kansas

Found success for a few games? I'm not worried about a few games, more the trajectory of the program. Being fouls or an injury away from a 6-7 center is not ideal.

I wouldn't really call it success either. I remember those games. Never had a chance against a true blue blood program with that roster makeup.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

No one should be worked up about losing this guy. We didn't know he was until like 2 months ago. This was a long shot for sure. I have faith everything will be okay next year. Have faith !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's not just this one it's Scruggs, Wilkes, Waters, Preston and countless others just this year

No one should be worked up about losing this guy. We didn't know he was until like 2 months ago. This was a long shot for sure. I have faith everything will be okay next year. Have faith !!!!!

As Fleek mentioned above, it's not just this guy. It's not adding appropriate depth in the front court. I like how JMo has contributed this season. Davis, JMo, and Hartman/Smith (?) would be a good starting front court next season. However, what is there after that? McSwain is a raw player with great athleticism. Moore is long and should be a good player, later in his college career. Smith will make frosh mistakes and will be a solid contributor later on his college career. A lot of reliance on hoping players make leaps and are better than what they've been scouted to be.

I think beating a top 15 team by 20 points is prettygood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, one or two games against top 15 teams at home is great and is "successful" in those games. That wasn't a successful season. The ceiling and floor should have raised on the program by now.

Tom Crean has to be wondering what the hell he has to do for the top 20 guys to continually come to Indiana easier every year.

He develops talent, IU has resources just as good as anywhere else, newly-renovated Assembly Hall, great program prestige, recent NBA Draft success, basketball-crazy school.  Seriously, I wonder what is going on too.  Having to take a flier on unranked kids every year is concerning, because it should be easier than this to get top talent more regularly.

Again, one or two games against top 15 teams at home is great and is "successful" in those games. That wasn't a successful season. The ceiling and floor should have raised on the program by now.

Agreed. My point was that Crean can figure something out for 10 minutes a game. If we were going to be counting on a small ball lineup the whole game, then that would be dofferent

Agreed. My point was that Crean can figure something out for 10 minutes a game. If we were going to be counting on a small ball lineup the whole game, then that would be dofferent

Look at the blue bloods. Most have 3-5 guys 6'9" or bigger. UK. UNC, Kansas, Duke, Louisville.

These are the teams we need to be concerned with competing against.

15 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I understand that, that's why in my post I was strictly talking about Preston.

Oh I get that. I just don't get why you would say that. This reaction is just the culmination of such. 

Its like saying don't worry about the one straw. Even if that's the straw that breaks the camels back. 

Small battle losses add up to large battle losses at some point.

And what's the definition of fine? Unranked next preseason if JB, OG, TB leave. If those three leave plus our recruiting class, no way we are ranked next preseason.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just take a breath man. There's no sense in getting worked up over the decisions of 17 year-olds. Who cares about preseason rankings.