Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

Gregg Doyel @GreggDoyelStar
Why do other college coaches think Kris Wilkes is "a strong lean" for #iubb? I saw one reason last night -STORY

"Sitting in the second row, much less obvious, is Tom Crean. When you’re the head coach of Indiana in a gym in Indianapolis, you can afford to be subtle. Everyone in the gym knows you’re here, and that’s how I spot Crean as both teams leave the floor for one last trip to the locker room: I notice all those heads in the crowd, how they’re turned in the same direction. I follow the direction, and there he is.
Tom Crean is sitting alone in a gray shirt, nothing crimson or cream about it. You can do that when you’re the coach at Indiana. You can wear jeans and a T-shirt if you want – players will know you’re there."

"Crean isn't alone anymore. Now he has a visitor sitting in the first row, right in front of him. They’re talking and laughing, and I ask around until I find out who the guy with Crean is:
The AAU coach of Paul Scruggs and Kris Wilkes.
His name is Michael Peterson, and he sat with Crean – not vice versa – which is telling. Around the gym there already were whispers that Wilkes is leaning strongly toward IU. Wilkes is the No. 1 recruit in Indiana and a top-10 recruit nationally in the class of 2017. Scruggs is fabulous, too. And there’s their AAU coach, chatting up Crean."

love this!

Gregg Doyel @GreggDoyelStar
Why do other college coaches think Kris Wilkes is "a strong lean" for #iubb? I saw one reason last night -STORY

"Sitting in the second row, much less obvious, is Tom Crean. When you’re the head coach of Indiana in a gym in Indianapolis, you can afford to be subtle. Everyone in the gym knows you’re here, and that’s how I spot Crean as both teams leave the floor for one last trip to the locker room: I notice all those heads in the crowd, how they’re turned in the same direction. I follow the direction, and there he is.
Tom Crean is sitting alone in a gray shirt, nothing crimson or cream about it. You can do that when you’re the coach at Indiana. You can wear jeans and a T-shirt if you want – players will know you’re there."

"Crean isn't alone anymore. Now he has a visitor sitting in the first row, right in front of him. They’re talking and laughing, and I ask around until I find out who the guy with Crean is:
The AAU coach of Paul Scruggs and Kris Wilkes.
His name is Michael Peterson, and he sat with Crean – not vice versa – which is telling. Around the gym there already were whispers that Wilkes is leaning strongly toward IU. Wilkes is the No. 1 recruit in Indiana and a top-10 recruit nationally in the class of 2017. Scruggs is fabulous, too. And there’s their AAU coach, chatting up Crean."

It...........moved.

I will say I think Wilkes leaning to IU is not true and I'm pretty confident in what I've been told, but Doyel and possibly people in the gym may know something I do not. Not trying to be the bearer of bad news

Better chance on Scruggs?

I will say I think Wilkes leaning to IU is not true and I'm pretty confident in what I've been told, but Doyel and possibly people in the gym may know something I do not. Not trying to be the bearer of bad news

So where is Wilkes leaning?

Another big game for Wilkes tonight. OSU watched.

‏@indyhsscores: Kris Wilkes scores 34 and grabs 12 rebounds in North Central's win over Lawrence North: http://indy.st/1PcbSti 

Some noteables for LN - Cushingberry 12, Kpedi 7, Easley 6