Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

Sure...just like 5* players Dakari Johnson, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Marcus Lee, Marques Teague, Daniel Orton, Ryan Harrow, Alex Poythress all did. 

Thanks to Kentucky, they all could have been pros quickly...with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.

Oh, and by the way; if your knee blows out and your NBA dreams don't come true at IU, you are pretty likely to have a college degree (ie, Mo Creek).

I don't think you can really throw Harrow in there. Idk what he was going to NC State. Marcus Lee is a pretty smart and good kid from what I hear and will get a degree at UK. Alex Poythress was an Academic All American so I can respect both of them. I didn't like the twins. UK fans didn't like the twins. But Cal doesn't recruit players who want to be in school for 3 or 4 years. He wants players that want to be in the NBA after a year or 2. I personally see nothing wrong with that. He gets kids where they want to go. If the kid doesn't take advantage of that opportunity.. well that is their problem and something we've seen in the last couple years at Indiana. Davis, Perea, Holt, Stan.. it happens. Sometimes recruits are ranked badly. That 2012 recruiting class was a crap shoot. The 2013 class was kinda disappointing too except for Wiggins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

I don't think you can really throw Harrow in there. Idk what he was going to NC State. Marcus Lee is a pretty smart and good kid from what I hear and will get a degree at UK. Alex Poythress was an Academic All American so I can respect both of them. I didn't like the twins. UK fans didn't like the twins. But Cal doesn't recruit players who want to be in school for 3 or 4 years. He wants players that want to be in the NBA after a year or 2. I personally see nothing wrong with that. He gets kids where they want to go. If the kid doesn't take advantage of that opportunity.. well that is their problem and something we've seen in the last couple years at Indiana. Davis, Perea, Holt, Stan.. it happens. Sometimes recruits are ranked badly. That 2012 recruiting class was a crap shoot. The 2013 class was kinda disappointing too except for Wiggins.

Those kids all went to UK thinking they'd get to the NBA "real quick". How are they doing now?

I don't mean this to be a Purdue Person. But you obviously prefer the NBA to college let alone IU. What brings you to post on an IU forum board? Very casual towards IU yet talk up Kentucky on an IU board. We all know their accomplishments it is just unusual to see that on an IU board. I just don't see why one would come to an IU board with loose affiliation at best, to talk down anyone pro IU on any subject. Yet at every turn tell us how great Cal is and the "NBA talent he gets" as if that is THE barometer for college basketball. Why an IU board? Why not a UK or NBA board? It's just weird.

You can't honestly be an IU fan with this post. Who call Marcus Lee a "smart and good kid"? A homer who is compensating. Very odd indeed.

You can't honestly be an IU fan with this post. Who call Marcus Lee a "smart and good kid"? A homer who is compensating. Very odd indeed.

I think that Lee and Poythress are absolute outliers at Kentucky. They seem to be the only two rotation players who have stayed long enough and had any interest in being real student athletes.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that Lee and Poythress are absolute outliers at Kentucky. They seem to be the only two rotation players who have stayed long enough and had any interest in being real student athletes.

I don't think it was by choice. They didn't pan out to be one-and-dones

I don't think there has been a team in the history of college basketball with more busts than Kentucky. More 5* guys that go in projected to be lottery picks and end up bums = Kentucky. It's not even a close call. If you are a top player and want to avoid being a mad ant, you stay the hell away from Kentucky.

There isn't an argument. If you want to go pro quick you go to Kentucky. They have the success rate. Or now Duke. But I don't see Wilkes going to Duke... Scruggs on the other hand...

I'm not trying to start a fight here or anything, but you seem to take Kentucky's side in an equation very often. If we're talking about who sends more guys to the league, it's Calipari. But if we're talking about who sends more guys to the league with the talent they're given, and who truly develops these guys. Its's Crean. The top 5 national recruits that go to Kentucky are often selected in the lottery. But if they're below 20 nationally in the rankings, they're at Kentucky for 2,3 or even 4 years. Mdn - I saw your post shortly after I posted this, I apologize and, continue on with the Wilkes debate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good in home visit with Maryland today. Thank you for coming down.

Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the more tepid recruit tweets following contact with a school?  Struck me as being a polite young man but not overwhelmed with MD's pitch.