Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

I feel like if it were really happening and it was such a bad secret more people would have picked it on 247 for the easy pick. 

Yeah I don't follow the CB a lot but they do seem to start making predictions when a kid is at least close. Haven't seen a Phinisee pick for awhile. They're some outta nowhere commits too though, so who knows. Would be nice to not have as much pressure for a pg if he did. Then we could really focus on Romeo and Garland. I think we have a shot to be in it till the end with Tre Jones announcing so quick.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I actually heard from a good Duke source that Tre Jones commitment had a lot to do with Garland maybe pulling the trigger first, so he decided to get it done. They may have said they wouldn't mind playing together, but I don't consider it logical for either.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I can't believe how quiet it's been on the recruiting front. I guess that's a good thing. The calm before the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought we would see a Phinisee commit this week but doesn't look like that's happening. Hopefully this upcoming week will bring some news.

16 hours ago, schimpfj said:

We could be seeing both jones and bagley when Duke comes to Assembly Hall this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ryan Phillips  @RumorsandRants 8s

All signs point to Marvin Bagley picking UCLA tonight. USC firmly in the mix but Bruins have all the momentum.

Ryan Phillips  @RumorsandRants 8s
All signs point to Marvin Bagley picking UCLA tonight. USC firmly in the mix but Bruins have all the momentum.

Does this situation not seem a little odd? Usually with a recruit this well known the national guys are more vocal about where they think he'll go. Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot coming out.

Timing would point to UCLA, but based off crystal ball it would be Duke. Just seems like one that nobody really knows where he's going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Everything I've read about Bagley is that he wants to get to the NBA ASAP. He's based out of LA right now, so why would he travel all the way across the country for 1 season of college ball. My bet is on UCLA or USC.