Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

4 hours ago, Josh said:

I mean no one is trading for that contract. 

Sam isn't a starting NFL QB. 40 y/o Fitzpatrick. You want noodle ar, Dalton or Cam? Maybe we could bring Brisset to run QB sneaks every play. But hey we'll suck enough to get everyone fired so theres that

Bengals had 2 chances to get a yard and couldn’t do it. Think they might be fixing that OL this offseason. The 3rd down play by Donald was one of the most freakish plays I’ve seen. Samaje Perine isn’t a small dude. 

I mean no one is trading for that contract. 

Sam isn't a starting NFL QB. 40 y/o Fitzpatrick. You want noodle ar, Dalton or Cam? Maybe we could bring Brisset to run QB sneaks every play. But hey we'll suck enough to get everyone fired so theres that

Irsay and Ballard went cheap on Stafford. At the time the price seemed high but now the results were worth it. Irsay reasonably perhapsley Peyton go because we had Luck coming in. The Colts have the 7 th best Cap space enough without a number 1 this year they have some options to go after a tier 1 guy or even a tier 2 guy.

Tier 1 options are possibly Rodgers and then Wilson. Maybe something else pops up but if those are the top choices we have the pieces to make a Ram/Stafford type of deal. They did not include a same year “1 and had a starting QB to throw in. Rogers has a contract that GB will have trouble paying and it is probably 50/50 he leaves. He also saw Stafford leave and win and could feel that is better elsewhere for whatever reason.

The colts should have willingness given how well Stafford did and Rogers is probably better. Colts also saw have an older Manning did in Denver. 1 year he had huge numbers but lost in SB and won year he had average numbers but they win. I don’t think they will shy away from Rogers age, cost and if he can be available we should be a contender

Wilson is a tier 1 guy and while he does not have the numbers Rogers has he often gets it done in the 4th qtr. he also has rumored desires to leave but Indy may not be on his initial list. Ballard and Irsay would have some work to do to recruit him here. But it is possible.

Jimmy G and maybe Carr do not seem to be obvious major upgrades to wentz. However, wentz came in with a reputation of not being the guy down the stretch. Fades from big moments. Is that fair? You’d could argue coming in there was mixed results but if we decide to move on I think this will be the big reason. He seems to seek the big play and skips the check downs. What he the Kurt Warner video breakdown if you think Wentz needs another year. Most of what Warner points out veteran like Wentz should know.

Jimmy G has taken his team pretty far in postseason play and while he will make a bad pass at a tough time neither he nor Carr have the reputation of facing when adversity arrives.

You strike out there you punt and go short term and hope you can get a good draft pick.

This all revolves around colts execs making a decision to move him. If they make that decision then they know whether he has the ability to lead in tough situations down the stretch. If they see he has leadership skills and think he can learn to check down I will defer to their judgement. I think they have seen enough and he has played his last game as a colt

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Irsay and Ballard went cheap on Stafford. At the time the price seemed high but now the results were worth it. Irsay reasonably perhapsley Peyton go because we had Luck coming in. The Colts have the 7 th best Cap space enough without a number 1 this year they have some options to go after a tier 1 guy or even a tier 2 guy.

Tier 1 options are possibly Rodgers and then Wilson. Maybe something else pops up but if those are the top choices we have the pieces to make a Ram/Stafford type of deal. They did not include a same year “1 and had a starting QB to throw in. Rogers has a contract that GB will have trouble paying and it is probably 50/50 he leaves. He also saw Stafford leave and win and could feel that is better elsewhere for whatever reason.

The colts should have willingness given how well Stafford did and Rogers is probably better. Colts also saw have an older Manning did in Denver. 1 year he had huge numbers but lost in SB and won year he had average numbers but they win. I don’t think they will shy away from Rogers age, cost and if he can be available we should be a contender

Wilson is a tier 1 guy and while he does not have the numbers Rogers has he often gets it done in the 4th qtr. he also has rumored desires to leave but Indy may not be on his initial list. Ballard and Irsay would have some work to do to recruit him here. But it is possible.

Jimmy G and maybe Carr do not seem to be obvious major upgrades to wentz. However, wentz came in with a reputation of not being the guy down the stretch. Fades from big moments. Is that fair? You’d could argue coming in there was mixed results but if we decide to move on I think this will be the big reason. He seems to seek the big play and skips the check downs. What he the Kurt Warner video breakdown if you think Wentz needs another year. Most of what Warner points out veteran like Wentz should know.

Jimmy G has taken his team pretty far in postseason play and while he will make a bad pass at a tough time neither he nor Carr have the reputation of facing when adversity arrives.

You strike out there you punt and go short term and hope you can get a good draft pick.

This all revolves around colts execs making a decision to move him. If they make that decision then they know whether he has the ability to lead in tough situations down the stretch. If they see he has leadership skills and think he can learn to check down I will defer to their judgement. I think they have seen enough and he has played his last game as a colt

Rodgers said a couple of days ago he is staying in Green Bay.  The problem with trading for Wilson is that the Seahawks want multiple first round picks and the Colts don't even have one this year.

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Rodgers said a couple of days ago he is staying in Green Bay.  The problem with trading for Wilson is that the Seahawks want multiple first round picks and the Colts don't even have one this year.

We don't have a #1 for 2022, but we do have assets.  

How long is the lifespan of a RB in the NFL?  4 - 5 years?  Jonathan Taylor has been here for 2 now.  Maybe we get 3 more years out of him, but other teams would be willing to give us a QB with 7-8 years left for him?  I'm not advocating for a Russell Wilson trade for JT, Russell has maybe 3-4 years left too.  But Kyler Murray has a lot left.  

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Rodgers seemed to indicate his relationship with the Packers has improved since last offseason, but I haven't seen or heard anything definitive about his plans. He may very well stay, but it doesn't seem that he's announced that or made it official. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Rodgers seemed to indicate his relationship with the Packers has improved since last offseason, but I haven't seen or heard anything definitive about his plans. He may very well stay, but it doesn't seem that he's announced that or made it official. 

I’ll be shocked if GB doesn’t absolutely back up the brinks truck and just buys Rodgers’ love. That’s what makes me think the next QB1 in Indy is gonna be Jordan Love. He’s 23. He’s under team control for 2 years plus an option year. The Colts supposedly loved him to the point that GB felt the need to trade in front of them to draft him. Don’t know what the price would be, but it won’t be nuts. Kinda think this is what’s gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

I’ll be shocked if GB doesn’t absolutely back up the brinks truck and just buys Rodgers’ love. That’s what makes me think the next QB1 in Indy is gonna be Jordan Love. He’s 23. He’s under team control for 2 years plus an option year. The Colts supposedly loved him to the point that GB felt the need to trade in front of them to draft him. Don’t know what the price would be, but it won’t be nuts. Kinda think this is what’s gonna happen.

Ooohhh, I like this

I think the latest is that he said he would decide soon but I have not seen any decision from him.

The rams did not include a 2021 1st for Stafford.

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Something tells me that if Love was good he would have been the starter for the Packers?