Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

45 minutes ago, Rico said:

Something tells me that if Love was good he would have been the starter for the Packers?  

Well except for that guy ahead of him on the depth chart.  That two time defending MVP.

I'm not sure how good Love will be, but I certainly remember the Colts targeting him in the draft like Demo said.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Ooohhh, I like this

6 hours ago, Demo said:

I’ll be shocked if GB doesn’t absolutely back up the brinks truck and just buys Rodgers’ love. That’s what makes me think the next QB1 in Indy is gonna be Jordan Love. He’s 23. He’s under team control for 2 years plus an option year. The Colts supposedly loved him to the point that GB felt the need to trade in front of them to draft him. Don’t know what the price would be, but it won’t be nuts. Kinda think this is what’s gonna happen.

Sure? Its been two years and the chances he has gotten have been very hard to watch. Not like we have a better offensive personal that is better than GBs. 

Like maybe a deal that is a 3rd that becomes a fourth if he doesn't play enough snaps as the big piece? Hasn't really shown anything to make me want to give up an actual young player or any draft pick above 70. 

8 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sure? Its been two years and the chances he has gotten have been very hard to watch. Not like we have a better offensive personal that is better than GBs. 

Like maybe a deal that is a 3rd that becomes a fourth if he doesn't play enough snaps as the big piece? Hasn't really shown anything to make me want to give up an actual young player or any draft pick above 70. 

Would hope it would be no more than that. I agree that in that KC start last year he was pretty lost. But I don’t think he’s played enough to change an opinion. If the Colts really liked him in ‘20 I see no reason to think they wouldn’t still. And as much as Irsay is pushing the win now thing, he’s also said repeatedly that he wants to solve the QB thing for 10 years. Love has a chance to do that. Of course, if he sucks everyone’s looking for work. You would REALLY need to trust your scouting. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would hope it would be no more than that. I agree that in that KC start last year he was pretty lost. But I don’t think he’s played enough to change an opinion. If the Colts really liked him in ‘20 I see no reason to think they wouldn’t still. And as much as Irsay is pushing the win now thing, he’s also said repeatedly that he wants to solve the QB thing for 10 years. Love has a chance to do that. Of course, if he sucks everyone’s looking for work. You would REALLY need to trust your scouting. 

We'll see.

38 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well except for that guy ahead of him on the depth chart.  That two time defending MVP.

I'm not sure how good Love will be, but I certainly remember the Colts targeting him in the draft like Demo said.

Yeah, the same MVP that is a headache for them.

25 minutes ago, Demo said:

Eh, i don't really have faith in their ability to identify QB talent. So them liking Love doesn't inspire much confidence in him

Have you guys watched this breakdown of Wentz by Kurt Warner

Warner does such a good job of showing how Wentz made his job so much harder by not taking what the defense gave him. He did not have a ton of talent at WR but when you watch this you see that he just ignores check down opportunities on a frequent basis.

I think this would be repairable if he were a rookie but the fact that he is doing this still and with a player friendly coach who should be pointing this out suggests he may not be very coach able.

If that can be changed and that is a huge if then he has a chance to be good. I think it will take another team dumping him before that might happen

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ian Rapoport:  The #Packers and MVP QB Aaron Rodgers have agreed to terms on a 4-year, $200M deal that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, sources say. He gets a whopping $153M guaranteed and his cap number goes down. A monstrous commitment by GB for years to come.

Wow, they put a lot of value on those NFC North championships.

6 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Wentz to the Washington Commies

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What???????  WOO ******* HOO!!!!!!  Somebody gave us something in return for him lol

Adam Schefter:  Colts are trading QB Carson Wentz to Washington for a package of packs that is thought to include two third-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

Washington is paying the full $28 million due to Carson Wentz this year, which includes a $5 million roster bonus due next week.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trade terms per Schefter -

Colts get:

• 2022 third-round pick
  • 2023 third-round pick that can become a second if Carson Wentz plays 70 percent of plays.
  • 2022 second-round pick 

Commanders get:

• QB Carson Wentz
  • 2022 second-round pick.

And they pay his full salary.  And the Colts are rid of their biggest problem

I would have traded him for a knuckle sandwich, and it would have been worth it.

I'm so happy right now.

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

So we just gonna go through a new QB every year with Reich. How nany asets we gonna give to get the next one? This isn't how good franchises are ran

The winner of this year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.  The winner of last year's Super Bowl had a qb in his first year with the team.

Maybe football isn't for you anymore.