Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Did Ryan Day really need a "vote of confidence" from his AD? If so, those O$U football fans are crazier than a sh-thouse rat. 

O$U lost one regular-season game, still made it to the playoff and had Georgia beat before fading in the fourth quarter. Is his job really in jeopardy? Wow. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Did Ryan Day really need a "vote of confidence" from his AD? If so, those O$U football fans are crazier than a sh-thouse rat. 

O$U lost one regular-season game, still made it to the playoff and had Georgia beat before fading in the fourth quarter. Is his job really in jeopardy? Wow. 

Fine, O$U fans, we can trade coaches but no trade backs.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Colorado OL Yousef Mugharbil, OL Luke Eckardt, and QB Drew Carter have all entered the transfer portal.  Colorado has now had 51 players enter the portal.

Watching McAfee this morning and he has Prime on right now. This is obviously what the whole interview is centered around and Prime says this is the plan. He's dumping everyone from the garbage CU teams from the last few years that aren't competitive and don't jive with what he wants. If they suck, they suck, but he's instilling his culture and just happens to be going scorched earth to get it done. He just said "No way we can put new furniture in this home without getting rid of the old furniture."

I read this morning that between transfers and the HS class, there will be nearly 70 new players on that roster lol.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Colorado OL Yousef Mugharbil, OL Luke Eckardt, and QB Drew Carter have all entered the transfer portal.  Colorado has now had 51 players enter the portal.

What's the count of players transferring to Colorado? I think it's pretty high, like close to 30 or something. I recall 24/7 had them transfer ranked #1 and the recruiting class wasn't bad either. Like something close to 20 recruits coming in.

This team had a worse record than IUFB so it makes sense the mass exodus is happening. 

I guess what I'm saying here is that the players leaving probably will find a landing spot at a school like Ball St. or something because that's the talent level. It's no knock to those playing at mid-majors it's just that there's vast difference in talent from a PAC-12 school to a MAC school. 

9 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

What's the count of players transferring to Colorado? I think it's pretty high, like close to 30 or something. I recall 24/7 had them transfer ranked #1 and the recruiting class wasn't bad either. Like something close to 20 recruits coming in.

This team had a worse record than IUFB so it makes sense the mass exodus is happening. 

I guess what I'm saying here is that the players leaving probably will find a landing spot at a school like Ball St. or something because that's the talent level. It's no knock to those playing at mid-majors it's just that there's vast difference in talent from a PAC-12 school to a MAC school. 

To your first paragraph, Prime is claiming that they have a bunch of unannounced transfers coming in that will shock everyone and make the plan make sense. Remains to be seen obviously, but it seems like usually what he says ends up happening.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

To your first paragraph, Prime is claiming that they have a bunch of unannounced transfers coming in that will shock everyone and make the plan make sense. Remains to be seen obviously, but it seems like usually what he says ends up happening.

He'll probably be fine with his current team. LOL. He wins 2 games this year it's better than last season. His team sucked last year. 

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

He'll probably be fine with his current team. LOL. He wins 2 games this year it's better than last season. His team sucked last year. 

No doubt. I'll be shocked if they don't win 3 or 4 purely on talent, but opening with TCU won't be pretty.