Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016 July Evaluation Period

So anyone that has the time tune in at 2 pm for the Peach Jam Final, Mokan vs. PSA. The stream should be here.

In that game, IU targets are Mo Bamba, Deng Gak, Brandon Randolph. Also, for Mokan you can see Michael Porter Jr. and Trae Young. Should be wild.

IU is locked in on those three above, not missing a game this period. Interesting to see how next period goes.

37 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I kinda wonder if we are adopting a go big or go home strategy since we appear to be pretty well stocked for 2017. We look to still have the pieces to have a very good team if we can get Wilkes. 

I think the staff is in well with some of the big boys. As mentioned previously, I think recent success on the court and, specifically, with Thomas Bryant, has got them in that position. They are cultivating back up plans though at every position. It's evident in recent offers

5 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

So anyone that has the time tune in at 2 pm for the Peach Jam Final, Mokan vs. PSA. The stream should be here.

In that game, IU targets are Mo Bamba, Deng Gak, Brandon Randolph. Also, for Mokan you can see Michael Porter Jr. and Trae Young. Should be wild.

IU is locked in on those three above, not missing a game this period. Interesting to see how next period goes.

Looks like it's on ESPNU to.

I kinda wonder if we are adopting a go big or go home strategy since we appear to be pretty well stocked for 2017. We look to still have the pieces to have a very good team if we can get Wilkes. 

I think the staff is in well with some of the big boys. As mentioned previously, I think recent success on the court and, specifically, with Thomas Bryant, has got them in that position. They are cultivating back up plans though at every position. It's evident in recent offers

I think the success of Bryant, along with his outspoken personality, is really helping Chuck recruit the NE. If IU can put together good to great teams the next few years it will establish IU as one of the better programs. That should help recruiting in and of itself.

If we get an impact recruit at each level in 2017 we could follow up to good (great) years with a great year. Two of the year and we should still be competing for a B1G title and possibly more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

High level energy to start the Peach Jam Finals. There have been some one on one moves but good ball movement too.

Mo Bamba fouled Porter on one end but came back with s huge jam on the other. Porter playing well to start.

Bamba, on the defensive end, impacts the game like few i've seen. 

Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns

Indiana coach Tom Crean's trip back to Indy to see Paul Scruggs, Kris Wilkes, Zach Gunn was noticed by @Indyhoosiersbba, I'm told.

Can someone explain "noticed" here? Is this something significant, or did he just notice that Crean was off in the corner?

8 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Can someone explain "noticed" here? Is this something significant, or did he just notice that Crean was off in the corner?

I take it to mean that CTC made the effort to get back to Indy specifically to watch these guys and didn't just send ass'ts. after having been down in 'Lanta for the Peach Jam and who knows where else this past week.  All the major coaches have to be physically exhausted.

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I read it as more of "took notice" as in "Wow. Coach Crean really has a lot of interest in us. I can't believe he flew all the way back to see us..."

And @indyhoosiersbba retweeted rabjohns tweet, so it appears they concurred.

C-Bamba, Richards, Garza, Gak

PF- Williams, Jackson, Vanderbilt

SF- Wilkes, Porter, Smith, Tucker, Samuels, Randolph

SG- DURHAM, Diallo, Goodwin, MJ Walker, Chaundree Brown, Beatty

PG- Duval, Coleman, Waters, Barcello, Scruggs, Weatherspoon, Avarado.

I look at that list and don't feel confident on any of them except Wilkes right now. Of the 3 centers and 3 PFs, I don't see us winning. We are going full tilt in Bamba. Likely another Ray Spalding/Goodluck situation except a Bamba is better recruit.

I think we could pull Williams maybe but not likely.

Wilkes seems possible as does Scruggs.

I love recruiting. I don't know how we will fair. We have a spot for TB. I HOPE we can get a legit player there.

I would definitely like to get a good big wing in this class but I don't think we'll be hurting with OG, JMor, and David able to play that role. That's partially dependent on another quality big to push DD to the 4 spot or quality wings to push OG to the 4. I like the versatility of a lot if our current players and kids we are recruiting.