Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

Cutting the Cord

13 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Florida man don't need no HDMI

What sentimental reasons do you have for keeping that TV?

Because it's a 19 inch tiny thing that sits on the countertop in the corner.  You can't tell the difference between high definition and 480p on a screen that size.  It's really just used to watch something while I'm at the sink.  It ain't broke so I have no desire to replace it

13 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m pretty sure those sticks plug into HDMI ports, not USB. If that TV only has AV/component ports, you’ll need a new kitchen TV unless there’s some sort of adapter out there. 

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Adapter-Supporting-Blue-Ray-Players/dp/B09YM47Q96/ref=asc_df_B09YM47Q96/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598227559155&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9724003915220864550&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016104&hvtargid=pla-1679478325113&psc=1

I liked how Directv always had the channels I needed. They never got in petty fights with networks and pulled programming like streaming, cable, and others do.

That said, Sunday Ticket is imperative in my life. RIP Directv.

Thanks for answering questions fellas. Does YouTube TV give referral bonuses to members who sign somebody else up? If so I'm willing to give one of you guys the bonus

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I liked how Directv always had the channels I needed. They never got in petty fights with networks and pulled programming like streaming, cable, and others do.

Thanks for answering questions fellas. Does YouTube TV give referral bonuses to members who sign somebody else up? If so I'm willing to give one of you guys the bonus

I don’t have YTTV, nor a referral bonus, and this doesn’t really help with your NFL problem, but I would honestly go to war for Directv Stream at this point. I had DTV for years, got fed up with prices going up, and hated being in a contract. I dumped DTV satellite and moved to their streaming and it’s incredible. Same channel numbers and everything, just a different remote since I run it through my Apple TV. Just another streaming perspective for you.

FWIW, no one really knows how the NFL deal through Youtube is going to go yet. It may be a totally separate package that you don’t need their streaming TV service for. I’m anxiously awaiting their announcement myself, but I won’t be getting rid of DTV Stream, since it’s the only service I can get the Pacers and the Cubs on. 

There was one where I'd get $20 off next month and you'd get $10 but not sure if it's still a thing or not

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Now that I am in my 40s, I figure it’s about time to stopping using my parents cable to watch IU basketball. Not to mention the fact that they moved, and their cable service won’t show me games not in their region for some channels.

Anyone got a favorite out there for watching college basketball and which has BTN? Hoping to subscribe to one service to catch all then IU games, except for Peacock, which I’ve already got. Was thinking Hulu with live TV.

It’s a good topic every year. I’ve typically signed up for YouTube TV just for IU basketball and cancel after the season. You can set it to record all the IU games, B1G games, NCAA games, whatever. Really slick service. Pretty sure you’ll still need your Peacock subscription for the games NBC got. 

Youtube TV has become more and more expensive, it’s not the deal it once was. 

Like Loaded Pizza Sandwich said, we've almost made the full circle back to DirecTV being the best option for sports fans. I'm hanging on for dear life to my streaming service (DirecTV Stream), but I'm almost back up to the same price that DTV satellite was when I dumped it about a year and a half ago. And I'm kinda tied to it because it's the only one I've found that carries both the Cubs and the Pacers, both of which I watch regularly enough for it to matter to me.

We have Hulu Live TV in Dayton.  It really does have a decent sports listings.

However, the single most important issue is IU basketball.  The preseason games are on BTN+ for about $11/month.  Not too bad if the other half is not going to throw a conniption.   It also streams some IU men's soccer.  The real crappy thing is that one cannot easily cast to your smart tv.  I am still trying to get my Roku to do that...jury is still out.

And some games are on Peacock not on Hulu Live TV.  Plus locally, home Bengals games are blacked out.

Where is Sammy Terry and Channel 4 when we need them?  When I lived in Madison Wisconsin access to live IU basketball really bit the bag.  

Really a good idea to get onto your PC and ask leading questions about the cord cutting and etc.

I have MetroNet and Hulu Live TV.  A brand new Samsung flat screen and a sound bar.  But I also have a decent HP laptop that can cast via our house wifi to our TV.  But, dammit, not BTN+.

Peacock has the rights to stream some games.  Check out the schedule that lists broadcasts.  

Will keep fans on this site informed of my luck using Roku.  I am persistent.  Especially where it pertains to watching IU basketball in the cold weather.

By the way...Friday Nov 3 7:30 BTN+ BTN Soccer Tourney U Wisconsin v IU

Wed.  Nov 7 on BTN  Semis

Sun   Nov 12 on BTN Championship BT Soccer

Basketball

Marian at IU on Friday Nov 3 @ 6:30 on BTN+    

FLA Gulf Coast at IU...season starts...BTN at 6:30. Tuesday.

Now back to my bourbon...

Trying to talk a friend and wife into visiting IU for the FGC game.  Tickets are cheap at under $70/and good seats.

Now OSU on Jan 6 is about $210 each for good seats.  Uh  noes.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Like Loaded Pizza Sandwich said, we've almost made the full circle back to DirecTV being the best option for sports fans. I'm hanging on for dear life to my streaming service (DirecTV Stream), but I'm almost back up to the same price that DTV satellite was when I dumped it about a year and a half ago. And I'm kinda tied to it because it's the only one I've found that carries both the Cubs and the Pacers, both of which I watch regularly enough for it to matter to me.

I can’t believe you’ve done this.