Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

Maui misery thread. Consolation game vs ST Johns

I don't get this fan base we lost one game. Granted it was to a team that we shouldn't lose to but this season isn't a failure yet. It's ok to be disappointed because I am but we as a fan base need to show our players support not downgrade them. It's a loss like this that could make a team stronger so don't bash the team

Maybe our players should have been playing to win.

This team showed flashes of brilliance in team offense and sometimes defense.  They held and contested WF for about 5 minutes in that second half (it still is piss poor).

But then reality hit these guys again.  Individuality set in. Stats were on the the line.  Streaks were about to be broken.  Heroism took over and passing stopped...cuts to the basket stopped...defense stopped...coaching stopped...playing basketball stopped!

This starts from the top down - until these guys drop the "i need to be a human highlight film and pad my stats so that I look good to NBA scouts" Bull#$%^, this team will not succeed.  Caoching staff need to stop allowing this to happen.  I hate, hate, hate the NBA!!!!

Sorry, to stay on this thread.

WE WILL BEAT THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ST. JOHN'S (or we better).

Anyone else get tired of how when a team scores on us with three seconds in the first half Crean is more concerned with calling a TO and setting up some poor play for us to shoot? Last night was the most recent but it is almost like he watched Belichick let a team score late once and thinks it is cool to do.

Not the first time I have noticed this either. Seems as if he is on the sidelines ready to call TO instead of being all in on making sure the D stops the other team.

This team showed flashes of brilliance in team offense and sometimes defense. They held and contested WF for about 5 minutes in that second half (it still is piss poor).

But then reality hit these guys again. Individuality set in. Stats were on the the line. Streaks were about to be broken. Heroism took over and passing stopped...cuts to the basket stopped...defense stopped...coaching stopped...playing basketball stopped!

This starts from the top down - until these guys drop the "i need to be a human highlight film and pad my stats so that I look good to NBA scouts" Bull#$%^, this team will not succeed. Caoching staff need to stop allowing this to happen. I hate, hate, hate the NBA!!!!

Sorry, to stay on this thread.

WE WILL BEAT THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ST. JOHN'S (or we better).

Agree 100%. The selfishness of some players, especially JBJ and yogi, has absolutely got to stop. We have the potential to be a great team, but it will never happen with the NBA mindsets of some players. That is so frustrating, and what sickens me even more is how a team like Kentucky, with 5 players probably heading to the league, can play better team ball than us.

It's way too early for me to be in that stage, but I worry I'll reach my breaking point even earlier this season. It happened last year when we went 10 minutes without scoring in the second half at Northwestern. I turned the game off and didn't watch another second of IU basketball until last week. 

I kind of wish I could be in Maui just so I could throw a coconut at Crean's head. 

Lol, this game reminded me of Northwestern last year.

Anyone else get tired of how when a team scores on us with three seconds in the first half Crean is more concerned with calling a TO and setting up some poor play for us to shoot? Last night was the most recent but it is almost like he watched Belichick let a team score late once and thinks it is cool to do.

Not the first time I have noticed this either. Seems as if he is on the sidelines ready to call TO instead of being all in on making sure the D stops the other team.

How bout call the time out then rip the guy who gave up the open three?

So I don't remember who said it here, but they were dead on when they said having the fans be apathetic towards the current state of the program is worse than having fans be pissed at the current state of the program. At least the pissed fans care

I'm pissed but I know a TON of former IU fans who don't care anymore.

I wouldn't say I don't care, but I'm at a point where I don't need to see us beat up on St. John's, Alcorn St., Morehead St., Kenneesaw, etc. I'm not going to worry about DVRing those games and trying to avoid the score so I can focus on it after my young kids go to bed. If I'm around and I can catch them, great. I'll still be there for ND, Duke, the Big Ten games, etc.

I'm pissed but I know a TON of former IU fans who don't care anymore.

Understand that it is frustrating but it's early in the season.......RELAX!!!!!!

It's early in the season after two highly disappointing and frustrating seasons in a row. People were on the ledge prior to signing Thomas Bryant, and then again when we had three players kicked off the team, we finally just settled in, and Crean loses to a bottom feeder in a tournament we all had expections of potentially winning. I'm not writing this season off, but I'm sick of watching us pull shit like this three years in a row now. I can absolutely see this team having a great season, but no one has any patience left for what happened yesterday after the past two seasons.

I think the fan support today will be fine. What else are those people going to do? It's a 9 a.m. game over there, fans will be on the beach by Noon.

As for today, the only thing that concerns me is this team tends to play to the level of its competition. I think if it could have squeaked by Wake Forest it would have been very competitive against Vandy just because of the bright lights mentality. Perhaps the motivation of not wanting to face Chaminade on Wednesday will be enough and like others have said, IU should beat St. John's by a ton but ....

The sample size with this group is too small right now to really have any idea of what they will do. Thankfully we'll know in a few hours.