Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

Maui misery thread. Consolation game vs ST Johns

We'll win this game by 30 points then hopefully it will give us some momentum and confidence back.

Still early in the season. Way too early to panic.

We'll win this game by 30 and everyone will pretend Wake Forest was a fluke and that we expected Duke to beat us by forty then act confused when Northwestern and PSU beat us.

I don't remember the first time I got a DVR (maybe 2008), but this is the first time I'm not bothering to record an IU game so I can watch it. Not even going to bother. Apathy is probably the word right now.

me too. Haven't NOT watched an IU game in 15 years. I am not watching tomorrow or recording. I will check BTB.

If I were home I'd watch but.....

It's way too early for me to be in that stage, but I worry I'll reach my breaking point even earlier this season. It happened last year when we went 10 minutes without scoring in the second half at Northwestern. I turned the game off and didn't watch another second of IU basketball until last week. 

I kind of wish I could be in Maui just so I could throw a coconut at Crean's head. 

I don't remember the first time I got a DVR (maybe 2008), but this is the first time I'm not bothering to record an IU game so I can watch it. Not even going to bother. Apathy is probably the word right now.

So I don't remember who said it here, but they were dead on when they said having the fans be apathetic towards the current state of the program is worse than having fans be pissed at the current state of the program. At least the pissed fans care

I don't get this fan base we lost one game. Granted it was to a team that we shouldn't lose to but this season isn't a failure yet. It's ok to be disappointed because I am but we as a fan base need to show our players support not downgrade them. It's a loss like this that could make a team stronger so don't bash the team

I don't get this fan base we lost one game. Granted it was to a team that we shouldn't lose to but this season isn't a failure yet. It's ok to be disappointed because I am but we as a fan base need to show our players support not downgrade them. It's a loss like this that could make a team stronger so don't bash the team

Its got to do with the issues that have persisted throughout Crean's tenure, lack of a consistent low post presence on both ends, the crap defense, the poor play designs out of timeouts that are getting to people. Its the consistently losing to teams that are far less talented than our opponents and you can see things that are easily fixable being the reason. Again, I'm sounding like a broken record at this point, just because people are being critical of the players or coach that doesn't count as bashing.  

Its got to do with the issues that have persisted throughout Crean's tenure, lack of a consistent low post presence on both ends, the crap defense, the poor play designs out of timeouts that are getting to people. Its the consistently losing to teams that are far less talented than our opponents and you can see things that are easily fixable being the reason. Again, I'm sounding like a broken record at this point, just because people are being critical of the players or coach that doesn't count as bashing.

Understand that it is frustrating but it's early in the season.......RELAX!!!!!!

It's the making a few good shots and being pulled from the game for some players.  While other players make great assists to the other team continuously and don't get yanked.  It's the blah attitude from the team.  It's the coach not taking responsibility.  It's for the "leaders" on the team not holding others responsible.  It's scoring when we get the ball in the lane and immediately forgetting that works and jacking up contested jumpers.  There's so many aspects that play out during a game where you feel we're going to let slip away.  I called it in the chat that the game felt like the Butler game a few years back in Indy.  And we got the same result....