Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PF De'Ron Davis to IU

This may be an interesting point to credit Crean's theory of offer first, ask questions later philosophy. By offering early and often,are you more likely to be considered to have been "there from the beginning," with more recruits? That is a big factor for a lot of kids. Of course, there also has to be open communication after and before the offer, certainly more of a time commitment than our coaches have. But maybe this approach does have some merit to it. 

Just food for thought...

if it is plausible to you that a freshman bryant is better than a sophomore Zeller then it is plausible to me that a freshman Davis is better then a senior Watford. I wasn't the biggest cwat fan though admittedly.

I said sophomore Bryant. I have no idea what Bryant will look like yet.

This is very true. Some will try to credit McClain but Crean also really went to work here.

Credit where credit's due.

Guys we need to stay on topic. This is about DD not Crean.

OK just kidding, win or lose in recruiting and Crean should be discussed though and this commitment was a very good get. Early and long recruitment paid off.

I'd have to think this puts us in a better position with Thon Maker more so than any of the guards we're after.

Now he knows with Bryant and Davis here, he definitely won't be the only big man on the roster, which could allow him to play a 3/4/5 role.

I do not follow your reasoning. Thon can go anywhere and start day one.

Alkins can start at guard day one. He would be better than any guard we have left on our roster. I anticipate JBJ will be headed to the NBA and I don't believe anyone would argue that Robert Johnson or Newkirk would be better than Alkins. He would be looking top 10 front courts in nation with Rojo, Newkirk and his substantial talents at the guard spot. I Think this makes the DD commitment more tantalizing to him as an IU commit. Alkins is a one and done playing with top big talent. Just one man's opinion though.

I do not follow your reasoning. Thon can go anywhere and start day one.

Alkins can start at guard day one. He would be better than any guard we have left on our roster. I anticipate JBJ will be headed to the NBA and I don't believe anyone would argue that Robert Johnson or Newkirk would be better than Alkins. He would be looking top 10 front courts in nation with Rojo, Newkirk and his substantial talents at the guard spot. I Think this makes the DD commitment more tantalizing to him as in are you commit. Just one man's opinion though.

The logic behind AK's post is that Thon doesn't want to be a traditional big. By adding a second legitimate front court player, Thon can play more on the perimeter

I said sophomore Bryant. I have no idea what Bryant will look like yet.

good call I read it wrong. Still I feel the same way. I felt Watford had a better junior year than senior but I am sure somebody out there will find stats to shoot that theory down lol.

I believe what will make our frontcourt formidable next year will be Morgan and O.G. will back up this duo.

To me this is the biggest thing. We will finally have depth behind our starting 4-5. I can see Blackmon trying to go to the NBA after this season, but I don't see him being a 1st rounder at all. However, in his defense he had surgery this offseason so we don't know fully what to expect.

If we can get Brown to go with CuJo and Newkirk, I think we have a very, and I mean VERY good team. Shooting won't be as good, but we will be a top 25 if Bryant stays and can bring in another guard like Brown.