Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

NBA finals Golden State vs. Cavs

agreed. I used to watch sportscenter/ESPN religiously back in high school but they are truly becoming god awful.

Same here. Thankfully there is the internet. All their "exclusives" you can get elsewhere. And anything you actually might be interested in, like one of our players on top plays, you can just go to youtube to get

everyone knows who Steph Curry is if you watch ESPN once a month. There ate two Superstars in this. Instead of complaining you could watch one of the greatest players to ever play in LeBron James. I bet people didn't act like this with MJ.

I hated the MJ hype machine. The NBA rode the MJ train and he got away with anything he wanted. There were the rules and then the rules that applied to MJ. It pissed me off bc Stern wanted to pump up certain players as being stars for marketing reasons. You would literally see Jordan not get touched and if he missed a foul was called. I watched every finals the Bulls played in hopes that they would lose. So I fell for the Stern superstar model. I stopped watching the NBA for years. During that time Jordan was either loved or hated, I'd say similar to James. (Saying all that, Jordan was an amazin talent)

But not the ESPN-hype machine super stars. The casual fans aren't that intuned to them.

People begrudge Lebron for the attention he receives, but guess what, he deserves the attention.  He's the best basketball player we've seen since Jordan.  How come we don't hear the same outrage over the attention that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady receive?  That's also a team game.  Do they deserve the attention any more than Lebron?  ESPN focuses on Lebron, because he's good and people will watch, it's that simple. If you don't like it, then take it up with our capitalistic society.

That said, this is a passing of the torch series.  Steph Curry is aready a superstar (obviously), but I really think he will be the face of the NBA for the forseeable future.  He's one of the most entertaining players in NBA history, currently a top 5 player in the world, plays on a great team, is very engaging, and the media loves him.  Of course, in 5 years people will start complaining about the excess attention that he receives, and it will be time to cycle on to our next superstar.

People begrudge Lebron for the attention he receives, but guess what, he deserves the attention. He's the best basketball player we've seen since Jordan. How come we don't hear the same outrage over the attention that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady receive? That's also a team game. Do they deserve the attention any more than Lebron? ESPN focuses on Lebron, because he's good and people will watch, it's that simple. If you don't like it, then take it up with our capitalistic society.

That said, this is a passing of the torch series. Steph Curry is aready a superstar (obviously), but I really think he will be the face of the NBA for the forseeable future. He's one of the most entertaining players in NBA history, currently a top 5 player in the world, plays on a great team, is very engaging, and the media loves him. Of course, in 5 years people will start complaining about the excess attention that he receives, and it will be time to cycle on to our next superstar.

Don't forget about Riley Curry. But it is great to watch Steph. But I don't get why people want to just put LeBron down. Why not just sit back and watch greatness? He could end up being the greatest player to ever play the game. Just relax and watch the man play.

My starting 5

Russell Westbrook
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Anthony Davis

Flip flop Westbrook/Curry or Lebron/Durant

Incredible.

Like your list.  Only change I would make is Chris Paul over Russell Westbrook.  Westbrook is such a wild card, he could forget he has Curry and Durant playing alongside him and jack up 30 shots.  Paul is just so incredibly consistent.

My starting 5

Russell Westbrook
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Anthony Davis

Flip flop Westbrook/Curry or Lebron/Durant

Incredible.

that isn't bad. Personally I'd say screw it and go Curry, Durant, James, Davis and Howard... but that's just me lol.

I get it and agree officiating is terribly inconsistent at both levels. It's irritating, especially at the collegiate level, when a defensive player is in great position and then gets called for a foul when the driver snaps his head back. How can you ask your young players be consistent when they haven't a clue what is/isn't a foul?

The NBA thrives off this inconsistency to hype players. LeBron is the most physically gifted athletically to ever play in the NBA but still far from the best ever to play. The NBA continues to sellout the actual game for $$$$. That is unacceptable to me. Hey if you're a superstar you can carry, travel, push off, or do whatever you need so we can market and make bank off of you. This has trickled down and disrupts the development of younger players.

Watching the shooting of GS and an undersized Green battle is fun to watch. The game is entertaining but the fundamental aspect of the game has gone by the wayside.

lol, that's a huge lineup. Like it. Howard is a liability though.

at the FT line yes. But hey.. dude was the best player for the Rockets in the WCF. Still arguably the best C in the league. Plus on this team he'd just have to wait for lobs. Sane for Davis. You could sit Durant and Curry on the wings or corners and just let LeBron run the show. Yikes!

I get it and agree officiating is terribly inconsistent at both levels. It's irritating, especially at the collegiate level, when a defensive player is in great position and then gets called for a foul when the driver snaps his head back. How can you ask your young players be consistent when they haven't a clue what is/isn't a foul?
The NBA thrives off this inconsistency to hype players. LeBron is the most physically gifted athletically to ever play in the NBA but still far from the best ever to play. The NBA continues to sellout the actual game for $$$$. That is unacceptable to me. Hey if you're a superstar you can carry, travel, push off, or do whatever you need so we can market and make bank off of you. This has trickled down and disrupts the development of younger players.
Watching the shooting of GS and an undersized Green battle is fun to watch. The game is entertaining but the fundamental aspect of the game has gone by the wayside.

How is he far from the best to ever play?

How is he far from the best to ever play?

Just my opinion, I know most people think otherwise. If you base it off championships there are many players with more. Base it off of pure competitiveness, I'll take a handful of players above him. If you base it off of athleticism and ability to get to the rim, pass to the open shooter he's money. Why is he taking a fall away three to win the game in regulation? Play to your strength. He doesn't always do that well. All game long when he attacks he finishes and/or gets fouled, why not do that on the final play?

Well, at least Draymond Green is.

they were the #1 defensive team in the NBA. Bogut at center. Draymond Green who should have won DPOY. Harrison Barnes. Kay Thompson is one of the best two way guards in the league. Steph was the leader in steals and has greatly improved his defense and has became a very good defensive player. They have a backup PG that is 6-7 in Livingston. I Iguodala is still a very good defensive player. So it makes sense that this team is so good on both ends of the court.

Here is my take on LeBron:

I like the guy. He has every reason to be a punk loser. BUT he is not. He is JUST trying to be the GOAT. He does good things with his money. He supports his community. He is good role model. He is a law abiding citizen. He seems to be a good father. He busts his ass on the court. He usually says the right things.

IDK, I respect how he has handled being thrust into the spotlight at a very, very young age. Tremendous pressures. Tons of hanger ons with financial liabilities and responsibilities. No father figure to speak of. Rough early upbringing.

For these reasons; why not root for the guy??

Because he is cocky? Get over "yourself".

Edit: to avoid the confusion, the "yourself" represents those that hate Lebron for virtually no real reason.