Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierTrav

OG Anonuby MAJOR Sleeper:

He will be in the NBA after his junior season. He has a ton of length and potential. What separates him from Troy is his composure going to the basket and his jump shot

Bet he has his degree after his junior season as well..........And I think his daddy will make sure of it....

I really like what I see in OG and, if he continues to mature at this pace, I agree he could be a lottery pick after his Junior campaign. If he is working as hard in the class as he is on the court, I have no doubt you both are correct. However, I am not ready to call him an eventual lottery pick yet. We have seen kids get derailed before.

I really like what I see in OG and, if he continues to mature at this pace, I agree he could be a lottery pick after his Junior campaign. If he is working as hard in the class as he is on the court, I have no doubt you both are correct. However, I am not ready to call him an eventual lottery pick yet. We have seen kids get derailed before.

I didn't say anything about a lottery pick but I think he could possibly get there. Stranger things have happened.. As for the powerball lottery, hope I win tonight!

Talked with my dad about OG last night. Weekly IU phone call lol. I will say that I'm surprised by his play. Now, I don't expect him to play like that all the time because his offense is very hot right now, but his overall game has been impressive. Didn't think we would see that from him this year.

He has really impressed me with how fast he is learning and developing.  At first everyone was noticing him for his defense, but recently, with more PT, his shot has shown up and it is very impressive.  He's now .613 FG% and a mind blowing .778 3P%!  While he plays fast, he doesn't play in a hurry.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think he is better now than Oladipo was at the same point.  It's still early, but WOW!  Not to mention he came in built like a linebacker and is working with what I think is a tremendous strength and conditioning coach.  Very high ceiling for him.  Excited to see more.

He has really impressed me with how fast he is learning and developing.  At first everyone was noticing him for his defense, but recently, with more PT, his shot has shown up and it is very impressive.  He's now .613 FG% and a mind blowing .778 3P%!  While he plays fast, he doesn't play in a hurry.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think he is better now than Oladipo was at the same point.  It's still early, but WOW!  Not to mention he came in built like a linebacker and is working with what I think is a tremendous strength and conditioning coach.  Very high ceiling for him.  Excited to see more.

I would agree it appears he's farther along than Oladipo at the same but there are a few factors that differentiate the two.  Oladipo played more mpg and was a bigger part of that team.  I think if you were to flip the two you would see OG struggle a bit more on that team then Oladipo on this team.  I'm not taking anything away from OG as I think he is playing his role on this team perfect right now but don't think it's fair to compare the two like that. 

That 3P% is crazy though!!  I also like his competitiveness on defense and rebounding.

I would agree it appears he's farther along than Oladipo at the same but there are a few factors that differentiate the two. Oladipo played more mpg and was a bigger part of that team. I think if you were to flip the two you would see OG struggle a bit more on that team then Oladipo on this team. I'm not taking anything away from OG as I think he is playing his role on this team perfect right now but don't think it's fair to compare the two like that.

That 3P% is crazy though!! I also like his competitiveness on defense and rebounding.

the only part I disagree with is Oladipo team his freshman year stunk bad so that is a big reason he had more playing time. I would think OG on that team would have been a huge impact imo

the only part I disagree with is Oladipo team his freshman year stunk bad so that is a big reason he had more playing time. I would think OG on that team would have been a huge impact imo

I see it as OG not having to do as much so he can shine.  I think if he were to be relied on to do more he would struggle.

A little off topic, the 3PT% from 2010-2011 to 2011-2012 was remarkable.  Every returning player, minus Oladipo improved.  That's what a solid post presence can do.  Next year there will be plenty more opportunities for our shooters with both TB and DD.

Player -  2010/11 3PT%  -  2011/12 3PT%

Watford - 38.1% - 43.7%

Jones III - 29.8% - 30.3%

Hulls - 41.4% - 49.3%

Oladipo - 30.8% - 20.8%

Elston - 17.6% - 55.2%

Sheehey - 30.4% -38.3%

Roth - 37.5% - 54.5%

Moore - 37.5% - 0%

Barnett - 16.7% - 25%

Okay, I guess Moore didn't improve but only took 2 3PA that year.

I would agree it appears he's farther along than Oladipo at the same but there are a few factors that differentiate the two.  Oladipo played more mpg and was a bigger part of that team.  I think if you were to flip the two you would see OG struggle a bit more on that team then Oladipo on this team.  I'm not taking anything away from OG as I think he is playing his role on this team perfect right now but don't think it's fair to compare the two like that. 

That 3P% is crazy though!!  I also like his competitiveness on defense and rebounding.

I should have worded it a bit differently.  Wasn't really meaning to compare the players, but their progress at the same point to show how great OG has been in just his freshman year.

Nothing but upside for og. He doesn't have to develop a shot because he is already solid. He is athletic as troy or vic. This is the one kid who it isn't fair to compare to anybody in crean era at iu because I feel he is farther ahead then all of them at this same point. Hopefully we are looking at a very special talent for crean and iu and I think we are. Just wish coach would give him a longer leash earlier in the season than he did. Thanks again coach. But seriously should have been played more against the cupcakes imo