Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Barnes Out At Texas

Marshall might be in a position to ask these schools which armored truck company do they use. Might no happen, but I have to believe Texas, Bama and Tennessee will throw some big money at an individual in order to land their coach. I read where the fans of the Vols were crowd funding in order to bring Pearl back.

Im glad that football schools will fire their coaches but a Premier Basketball school wont.

You act like Texas hasn't been underachieving for years. The guy lost in the first weekend with Kevin freaking Durant. This was years in the making

This makes me sick. I hope when our basketball program is on Penn State level maybe Glass will get his pink slip too.

i wouldn't want IU to ever fall to that low level. Glass has hitched his wagon to the team of Wilson and Crean, and he is praying to the football god of Bear Bryant and  the basketball god of John Wooden that both teams show dramatic improvement this coming year. No matter how well all the other sports perform, Glass will judged by how football and basketball perform next year. If football does not make a bowl game and if basketball does not improve, Fred is likely terminated. IU could see a trifecta of change if improvement isn't made.

Texas would be down grading going from Barnes to Crean. Barnes has had Texas in the NCAA tournament 16 out of 17 years while coaching there. Texas has a fairly new state of the art gym and top notch practice/ training facility. The Texas school has serious bank giving the school a lot of leverage on a coaching hire. Crean's not even going to get a call. The hot rumor is Smart or Marshall getting that call. I think Marshall is to quirky to make all the big donors comfortable and that is a must at Texas. Smart would be a great fit if he is willing to take the job.

You act like Texas hasn't been underachieving for years. The guy lost in the first weekend with Kevin freaking Durant. This was years in the making

You have to look at Texas basketball before Rick Barnes. It was a complete joke and Barnes did a lot of improving over his 17 years as the head coach. But in the end he was horrible at in game adjustments and basically was thought as underachiever with his talent. But 16 NCAA tournament bids with 3 conference titles and a Final Four was much better than the previous coach. Anyone taking that job must understand football will always be way above basketball with Longhorn fans.