Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

birdy_19

Tom Crean to Alabama Rumor Thread

With the fan base it's hot. But it seems Glass and others are less concerned at this point. But that could possibly be smoke and mirrors.

Crickets...Glass may want to still be Indiana's AD afterall. Or he may be strategizing with Coach about what sets to run when Collins in the game lol. It's Fisher's fault!

Interesting about the summer basketball camps. That is a new angle. Don't know how early they normally set that up but last year the camps started in late June.

It was actually brought up here a few weeks ago, but I checked today and nothing. All other major IU sports have 2015 camps scheduled along with some other sports. It was noted that the basketball camp had been up by February in years past.

Could mean nothing. Who knows.

Why are you such a negative Nancy about replacing Crean with a good coach? IU is a destination job with great facilities, passionate fans, and the state of Indiana is a recruiting hot bed. Replacing Crean with a better coach won't be a problem. R-E-L-A-X

I just don't see any good options. For the most part they are mid-major coaches with a similar pre-IU resume as Crean had.

As someone said earlier in the thread. Most of these guys are Doubles, not home runs.

I just don't see any good options. For the most part they are mid-major coaches with a similar pre-IU resume as Crean had.

As someone said earlier in the thread. Most of these guys are Doubles, not home runs.

You don't think guys like Marshall have a better resume than Crean while he was at Marquette? Crean had dWade for 2 season, other than that it was like Mike Davis. There are plenty of guys out there with more consistancy than Tom Crean has had in his Marquette and IU gigs.

Crean is a strike out, so a double would even be better that what he have.

"It's Alabama, it's Alabama. The place I feel is the pinnacle, the absolute pinnacle, of places that don't give a crap about basketball."

"...every mediocre coach grows up dreaming about the possibilityof going to a program where, no matter the product on the court, no one will ever notice! The University of Alabama and its students have made a stern commitment to doing everything possible to forget they have a basketball program. I can think of no better place to build a program that no one will ever take notice of."