Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

You honesty believe that all of this is on one player? If you're looking for a scape goat, he's as good of one as any. If you're looking to assign blame, I suggest looking towards someone who has greater control over the program.

Stan wasn't the one playing Hollowell 30 minutes a game.

Chatter on TOS regarding Hyron Edwards and Indiana's recently renewed interest.Could we take four commitments or are we looking for a point and calling the front court good?
Should be an interesting off season as usual.

yep, several Crystal ball picks too, including Jerry Meyer. *see Hyron Edwards thread. Looks like a 4 man class to me.

This offseason will be wild for sure. (Side note) just because we are trying to get a PG and a C still doesn't mean we'll actually get them. (Second side note) this past off season really jaded my recruiting confidence.

What specifically happened with Luke Fischer? Please save me the bs story about home sick, I want the real story

the rumor which is possibly true but unsubstantiated is:

Troy was his roommate. Wasn't friendly with Luke. Kept him locked out of his room while Troy and friends smoked. Apparently, the final straw was a basketball being stolen from his room by someone's friends. Also noted, Luke wasn't comfortable with things in practice that may have lead to his shoulder injury.

Again, one poster gave this story. Veracity is in doubt but it does fall in line with other rumors.

Ps-if anyone can find this poster and original discussion, feel free to bump so we can be reminded again of our horrible off season.

the rumor which is possibly true but unsubstantiated is:

Troy was his roommate. Wasn't friendly with Luke. Kept him locked out of his room while Troy and friends smoked. Apparently, the final straw was a basketball being stolen from his room by someone's friends. Also noted, Luke wasn't comfortable with things in practice that may have lead to his shoulder injury.

Again, one poster gave this story. Veracity is in doubt but it does fall in line with other rumors.

Ps-if anyone can find this poster and original discussion, feel free to bump so we can be reminded again of our horrible off season.

How did he keep him locked out? Shouldn't Luke of had a key?

Chatter on TOS regarding Hyron Edwards and Indiana's recently renewed interest.Could we take four commitments or are we looking for a point and calling the front court good?

Should be an interesting off season as usual.

Hyron Edwards is a stud.

Hyron Edwards is a stud.

I have never seen him play but I can say I am not in favor of this in theory. The kid is smaller than Yogi and with Crean playing no true bigs... We need as much size as we can get at the other positions. If we could get a pg that is 6-4, it could make up for our shortfall elsewhere. Just don't like the idea of having a tiny center and tiny pg. if we had Purdue, Iowa or Wisconsin's front like I wouldn't care how tall our pg was but we dont

Hyron goes to a rival school of my old high school. He is a little bit taller than Yogi and can fly. I would take him in a heart beat as a (hopefully) 1 year back up to Yogi.

He actually looks as crafty and at least as if not quicker than Yogi.If he's a decent kid I say bring him on.

We need a point almost if not more than a 5.