Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

NOLA Hoosier

Cracking the Top 25

This. Closing out tight games is a much more valuable experience than blowing out an opponent. It'd be nice to see that we can blow someone out, but this team is building a maturity and poise that will be valuable in the tournament.

Survive and advance. That works.

Then Abrams and/or Nunn don't go crazy from deep. Do they still win?

This is actually a really good point. If Rice plays, do Nunn and Starks go off? Probably not. I can tell you this, the reason Illinois lost was not because they didn't get enough production from their guards...

Between the toads having wings, Spruce Lee, a midday game thread of the 2011 UK game and the whole IU is France thread, I have no idea what the heck is going on here anymore. This must be that acid flashback I was promised 30 years ago.

Now really----what other site can give you this much quality content?

Jump on the Btown Banner Train---and enjoy the ride!  :popcorn:

Have you not been watching the 14 wins? Turn off the game when they're doing well?

Yeah I have. I guess I'm gonna have to ask you the same? Our B1G wins have not really been impressive. They've kinda been, it wasn't pretty but we'll take it. Hey don't get me wrong, I'm glad this team is overachieving at this point and hope they can keep it going. But we still have a WAYS to go yet on the season. Realistically we could finish the rest of the season at 5-8 with the remaining games. That will put us at 19-12 and calling for CTC head once again. Our program is getting so far from elite right now. Also, it seems year by year that we keep trending in the wrong direction. Come on, you call it elite??

Yeah I have. I guess I'm gonna have to ask you the same? Our B1G wins have not really been impressive. They've kinda been, it wasn't pretty but we'll take it. Hey don't get me wrong, I'm glad this team is overachieving at this point and hope they can keep it going. But we still have a WAYS to go yet on the season. Realistically we could finish the rest of the season at 5-8 with the remaining games. That will put us at 19-12 and calling for CTC head once again. Our program is getting so far from elite right now. Also, it seems year by year that we keep trending in the wrong direction. Come on, you call it elite??

When was the last time IU was truly elite? 

This is why you have to put 'no really I'm a fan' or ' I really support the program' in most of your posts.

Negative fan is negative.

Just being real. I drove 4.5 hours just to come to Hoosier Hysteria this season. And other games. So I think u can say that I support the program. Hell man I love IU basketball. U may see it as being negative but I see it as being real. We are excited about being in the freaking top 25!! If we are truly elite then, we should be top 10-15!! Most of us here are going to be satisfied with making the damn NCAA tournament.

Not calling it elite. You called this team a joke. I said they aren't. They're closing out close games that many teams would lose as they cracked under pressure. Those are value added wins. This team isn't going to blow anyone out. They aren't elite, but they're are certainly not a joke as you claimed.

SI has Wisconsin as a 10-point favorite. If I was in Vegas, I'd grab Iowa and 10 points

Fortunately I wasn't anywhere near a bookie, let alone Vegas, for that one. Iowa looked awful. Can't believe the refs let Woodbury get away with poking Kaminsky in the eye (after ruffling his hair) without calling anything. I'm with Dakich on that one -- Bo Ryan should send a video clip to the league office.

At least Nebraska beat Minnesota, always happy to see Pits Jr. lose.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the top 25, but the best place that I have found for bracket purposes is bracketmatrix.com

It looks at the seedings of about 50 different brackets on the internet and averages them to see where teams would end up. Pretty cool to look at. Currently has IU averaging a 9.31 seed, but as a 10 seed because of other higher averages. We also only appear on 49 of the 55 brackets, but some haven't been updated since last week.

bracketmatrix.com now has us as a 9 seed after yesterday's updates.

Fortunately I wasn't anywhere near a bookie, let alone Vegas, for that one. Iowa looked awful. Can't believe the refs let Woodbury get away with poking Kaminsky in the eye (after ruffling his hair) without calling anything. I'm with Dakich on that one -- Bo Ryan should send a video clip to the league office.

At least Nebraska beat Minnesota, always happy to see Pits Jr. lose.

I thought we were the only ones who poked Kaminsky in the eye?

Not calling it elite. You called this team a joke. I said they aren't. They're closing out close games that many teams would lose as they cracked under pressure. Those are value added wins. This team isn't going to blow anyone out. They aren't elite, but they're are certainly not a joke as you claimed.

Not elite? This team will get a 10 point lead against anybody. They may not keep it but they will get a 10 point lead..... :yes:

You're absolutely right, I used the wrong word. Our program isn't a joke. I don't know what I wanna call it right now. Just not happy with the direction it looks like we are heading. We as a fan base have accepted mediocrity and that drives me nuts!

20 years but on the same token, we are more elite now than we have been in 20 years.

I will have to see if I'm personally satisfied as the season goes on but Crean has me back on the fence right now. He has done a great job with this team, especially with the injuries. Crap happens with all programs.. Really, we are supposed to have Lyles and Fisher down low right now. That would probably have us pushing the elite category again... but, crap happens. Given that situation, I'm willing to enjoy this ride. I think we have good years, under Crean, waiting in the wings (see what I did there?)

Enough with the wings already.Wheres the Beef?

Mister Bryant, Come on down. :yes: