Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

southsidehoosier

Thinking out loud about our big man situation....

Well I found this article that says he won high jump

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-12-26/sports/8903210557_1_matt-nover-iowa-state-indiana-coach-bob-knight

But IHSAA website doesn't have him listed as a state high jump champ.

http://www.ihsaa.org/Sports/Boys/Track/IndividualStateChampions/tabid/679/Default.aspx#21321146-high-jump

So I'm not sure but 6'10" is definitely legit for high school and can win state at any given year in Indiana.

I was a big fan of that team, but I think your dad's wrong about Nover vs Shaq.  I believe Shaq had about 30 points and 15 boards.

However, IU won that game pretty convincingly.   

Bailey,Cheaney, Anderson, Nover, Meeks and Graham. Shaq had an even dozen boards, not too damaging. While Shaq got his points Nover did a good job blocking him out from the basket enough to not let him rebound anymore than the 12 he got.

Nover was a multi sport guy from Chesterton and I think he played some football.  He was a hard-nosed player the likes you don't see a lot of these days. 

When the season concludes, we'll be a prime destination for a big man transfer.  If everyone important on this team returns, we're just another big man away from a national championship contending season next year.

There will be a whole new crop of graduate transfers this offseason, and it'll be painfully obvious there will be plenty of playing time for a 6'11" guy who can rebound and defend. 

When the season concludes, we'll be a prime destination for a big man transfer.  If everyone important on this team returns, we're just another big man away from a national championship contending season next year.

There will be a whole new crop of graduate transfers this offseason, and it'll be painfully obvious there will be plenty of playing time for a 6'11" guy who can rebound and defend. 

You would think. We shoulda been a prime destination this year, though.

But now a big man KNOWS our guards can shoot----no guessing required----I agree any Big with half a brain ought to see IU as a must look at destination.

And once we get them on campus......well.....you know the rest! :biggrin:

Are we a realistic contender for any 2015 bigs right now?