Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Post Game Thread

Solid solid effort. And the Cornhusker cheerleaders lived up to my hype. Win-win.

Congrats to the team and CTC. Onward.

2nd on the Neb cheerleaders and our effort. Corn does a body good. Crean will get a rep from opposing coaches and I'm not a fan of talking to other teams players, but any edge you can get he took it. It really changed the outcome imo as Miles didn't coach his best afterwards. Neb may not be the best we face but a road opening win is huge and we have that now. The alley oop came back and we got to see Hanners athleticism on display and used as a big advantage for us. Other positives are Yogi and JB were game planned to not get many open looks and we still had enough firepower to overcome this. Lots to work on including dumb turnovers. My guess we woukd need to high fly this year at 86ppg coming true and teams will do anything to slow us down. Neb did but we still got the w. Wish we would press more to get to a scattered game which is our best but 70 and a win will work for me anytime. I hope they enjoy a nice steak before leaving Neb and have a safe trip home. Nice win to bring in the new year.

2nd on the Neb cheerleaders and our effort. Corn does a body good. Crean will get a rep from opposing coaches and I'm not a fan of talking to other teams players, but any edge you can get he took it. It really changed the outcome imo as Miles didn't coach his best afterwards. Neb may not be the best we face but a road opening win is huge and we have that now. The alley oop came back and we got to see Hanners athleticism on display and used as a big advantage for us. Other positives are Yogi and JB were game planned to not get many open looks and we still had enough firepower to overcome this. Lots to work on including dumb turnovers. My guess we woukd need to high fly this year at 86ppg coming true and teams will do anything to slow us down. Neb did but we still got the w. Wish we would press more to get to a scattered game which is our best but 70 and a win will work for me anytime. I hope they enjoy a nice steak before leaving Neb and have a safe trip home. Nice win to bring in the new year.

Sometimes a "we are not going to put up with being mugged!"rep ain't a bad thing!

I'd rather have to tone him down a bit than try and rev him up!

Rojo----was my MVP tonight----several solid plays and key buckets.

He is going to be a fantastic 4 year player----with pro potential!

He was huge early.

I really like the way he and JBJ play with a little poker face. Don't get to high, don't get to low! Bring your best shot it doesn't matter. We're gonna be here all night long!

Troy may drive us crazy at times-----but when the other teams pressure the 3 point line like the Huskers did tonight---Troy brings that something they cannot defend----those vicious drives to the hole!

Troy had some key boards and plays late as well.

Not to mention the behind the back pass out of a triple team...

For a good part of the second half, CTC had Hanner play a one man zone on Benny Parker AND Turin Smith, daring either to shoot from outside. They either didn't, or did so badly.

Smart, smart, smart.

I think coach Jackson was the one who implemented that, we sure are going to miss him.

@MikeMillerHT: Crean says he did not tell Tim Miles to shut up. "If anybody is writing that, that's a complete mistake."

I was pretty sure that I read his lips. He may not have been saying it to Miles, but I’d bet my, well, you know, that he said it to someone.

What did I miss with the Neb cheerleaders? I had the game on DVR and skipped over most of the off court stuff.

They're hot. And didn't get near enough camera time. Consistently the best group of cheerleaders in the B1G.

Any word on Emmitt? There’s some noise on twitter about him tweaking his knee. True? Not?

Jenay did speak with him in the first half when he came over for a timeout and Holt made a motion like something had made him uncomfortable but I couldn't tell for sure what.

@MikeMillerHT: Crean says he did not tell Tim Miles to shut up. "If anybody is writing that, that's a complete mistake."

Crean flat out lied. I went back to watch the recording. It’s at the 9:42 mark of the 2nd half. HMP gets fouled hard/thrown to the floor. The video shows the replay and then cuts to HMP at the free throw line. Before he is given the ball for the free throw attempts, they cut to Crean. He’s looking down at the Nebraska bench, he points his finger - clearly he’s talking to Miles. He says something about "... talking to ...", I missed a few words, and then he says "just shut up". He turns away and you see a bit of a smirk on his face.

Crean v Miles