Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Beachfront Property

IU vs Louisville Game Thread

A weather event is predicted Tue 12/8 for the Gotham city in which two systems will collide.One system will consist of a strong eye with smothering winds coming from all directions.The second front will be somewhat weaker in the middle but will produce heavy rain from its periphery accompanied by quick bolts of lightning thru the center of system one often resulting in loud claps of thunder coming from the right of said system.

If conditions are just right this could lead to a highly lethal  condition known as a Threenado.

What da hail!?!?

a8madea.jpg

Shooting the ball well is the great equalizer (NJIT 11 for 17 from three against Michigan). Everyone is talking about Louisville being a terrible matchup for the Hoosiers, but if I am Rick Pitino the Hooisers are about the last team I would want to play. If we shoot the ball well, we will be in the game at the end.

Seriously. I get exactly zero games coming to me unless they're in my region for the Tourney. I travel to Bloomington a couple times a year and catch whatever games happen to be there then and go to the Big Ten Tourney (Though, we'd better get better fast, I'm probably not coming out for the Wednesday games) which means I get to see around three IU games in person a year.

And one of the people I do the Big Ten Tourney with is having a baby the same week, so who knows if that is even going to work this year?

That's the bad thing about living in the PNW. Can we even get the Big Ten Network out there? I was only able to watch a few games on the west coast 2 years ago because we had the #1 seed and they had them more on the ESPN networks.

That's the bad thing about living in the PNW. Can we even get the Big Ten Network out there? I was only able to watch a few games on the west coast 2 years ago because we had the #1 seed and they had them more on the ESPN networks.

I would think you could get the BigTen network anywhere if you have Dish or Direct.Dish bundles several channels in a sport package.I even have the $EC network now.YUCK!

I can get it through Comcast, though I have to specifically tell them I want it. I usually use BTN2Go to my TV though, then at least commercials auto-mute.

I don't see any way we will win this game. It's the first road game for all the freshmen, and MSG is a pretty intimidating place to start your road career.

That said, I believe we will learn a lot about this team, our possible success in the B1G season, and who has focus and concentration among the young guys in this matchup. If we compete for 40 minutes, I'll be highly satisfied even if we lose by double digits.

But since only George Custer was a greater optimist than I am, I say, "Beat Lousyville."

I don't see any way we will win this game. It's the first road game for all the freshmen, and MSG is a pretty intimidating place to start your road career.

That said, I believe we will learn a lot about this team, our possible success in the B1G season, and who has focus and concentration among the young guys in this matchup. If we compete for 40 minutes, I'll be highly satisfied even if we lose by double digits.

But since only George Custer was a greater optimist than I am, I say, "Beat Lousyville."

I like the optimism from you and this George Custer fella!

Upset alert-----let's get this win!

I have a GUT feeling we are going to win this game~ Their shooting percentages are sucky. Yes, they can rebound and intimidate in the paint but their Offense isn't there. We can slam them from beyond the arc.

GOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I think the fact that IU (except for stan) typically hits most of the freebies will make a huge difference in this game. According to ITH, Louisville's opponents have hit just 56.3% of their FT's. IU has shot 74.7% from the line and (at least last i heard) the Hoosiers have made more FT's than their opponents have attempted. Louisville has also only hit 59% at the line themselves.
Put all this together and you could predict that the charity stripe could have a huge impact in our favor.

I also agree with everyone that the 3 pointers will be huge. Let's just say that I'm glad to be pulling for the team that's hit 43.9% from deep instead of 28.6% on the other side.

The thing that would hurt us most is if we don't take care of the ball. Louisville brings the pressure, and IU isn't exactly stingy with the ball so that is probably Louisville's SECOND biggest advantage... Their biggest advantage is their man at the 5, Montrezl Harrell. Let's just say that he will probably make Hanner look bad. To me, our only hopes against him are that Emmitt can come out and show that he really is a huge steal and play some tough interior defense and that we can get him (Harrell) into foul trouble.

In the end, I think we have a chance, but we will need to have a great all around night shooting and score at least 75 to get the Cards out of their comfort zone. Take care of the ball Hoosiers and shock ESPN.

I think the fact that IU (except for stan) typically hits most of the freebies will make a huge difference in this game. According to ITH, Louisville's opponents have hit just 56.3% of their FT's. IU has shot 74.7% from the line and (at least last i heard) the Hoosiers have made more FT's than their opponents have attempted. Louisville has also only hit 59% at the line themselves.
Put all this together and you could predict that the charity stripe could have a huge impact in our favor.

I also agree with everyone that the 3 pointers will be huge. Let's just say that I'm glad to be pulling for the team that's hit 43.9% from deep instead of 28.6% on the other side.

The thing that would hurt us most is if we don't take care of the ball. Louisville brings the pressure, and IU isn't exactly stingy with the ball so that is probably Louisville's SECOND biggest advantage... Their biggest advantage is their man at the 5, Montrezl Harrell. Let's just say that he will probably make Hanner look bad. To me, our only hopes against him are that Emmitt can come out and show that he really is a huge steal and play some tough interior defense and that we can get him (Harrell) into foul trouble.

In the end, I think we have a chance, but we will need to have a great all around night shooting and score at least 75 to get the Cards out of their comfort zone. Take care of the ball Hoosiers and shock ESPN.

This---let's get it done!

It starts with their point guard, Yogi Ferrell,” Jones said. “We've got to try to cut the head off of the snake.”

Well then, let's just give ROJO the point and let Yogi evade Jones on the wing.  This is going to be an amazing game to watch!

It starts with their point guard, Yogi Ferrell,” Jones said. “We've got to try to cut the head off of the snake.”

Well then, let's just give ROJO the point and let Yogi evade Jones on the wing.  This is going to be an amazing game to watch!

Man, if they think they can win just shutting down Yogi? Ha. Good luck.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/27574792/bozich-chris-jones-says-stopping-yogi-ferrell-key-for-louisville-against-indiana

Strikes me that multiple players say they haven't watched any tape of IU this year. Does Pitino not emphasize watching game tape?

On its face that seems to work in our favor.